Feedback please! Need more renters

Frances4982
Level 1
San Benito, TX

Feedback please! Need more renters

1.jpeg

Listing link: Home in San Benito · ★5.0 · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 bath

I have had a few renters and have gotten 5 star reviews but it's not enough. What else can I do? I've looked into places like evolve and etc.

[Content modified by OCM]

4 Replies 4

Hi @Frances4982 

Whatever you do....don't use Evolve! (or any large property mgmt company). Just type "Evolve" in the search the community box and you'll see what I mean. They will insist on being names as primary host and you will loose all the reviews you worked hard to get if you have to terminate your agreement for non-performance.

Extra Guest Fee

Your $50 extra guest fee is a bit high and I would definitely remove that from the listing, especially in slow season. It's a barrier to booking for many guests.

Marketing & Optimizing Your Listing

You can use social media to help advertise your listing (Instagram, facebook, etc.) Do you have a local neighborhood app like Next Door? Is there an online media page for the RV park you are in? You can also ask another experienced Host or Co Host to optimize your listing for you. Airbnb has a Co-Host platform and there are independent consultants that do that as well for a reasonable fee.  You could also consider some other RV sites to list, but I don't know much about those...you'll have to do your own research on that.

The summer season is over now and Texas has a slow period until the snowbirds start traveling in the winter. Expect it to be slow until probably Jan/Feb. The next busy season is usually spring break in March in the Texas market. You might see some guests wanting to head to South Padre Island for spring break. I would highlight that in the listing.

Custom Promotions

You can start using custom promotions, but be sure you read up on them and understand that whatever discount you offer on the custom promotion can be stacked on top of other discounts (weekly, early bird, last minute, etc.):

Create Custom Promotions

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2982

Ben3875
Level 2
Elora, TN

Hey @Frances4982 ,

I would definitely add pictures of all the things that make your place desirable. I added your list below. Pictures of people playing these games and of these facilities will let people envision themselves staying there. Right now... looking at the pics... I only envision myself sitting in the chair outside or the chairs inside. You want people to already have a good idea of what they would do there and remove all doubt of what to expect.

This gated community let's you feel safe and secure. You have full access to all the activities. Aquacise in the mornings,volleyball in the afternoons. You can also enjoy beanbag baseball,corn hole, table tennis,billards.pickleball and many more activities.

I agree that extra people fees is probably going to turn people away pretty quick especially since almost everyone is going to travel as a pair. And will likely search for a place before adding the other guest and immediately be turned off by the price doubling. 

I didn't check the prices in your local market, but an RV should definitely be discounted as opposed to a house. There is always a trade off between price and occupancy. Consider leaving it lower than you want and see if you don't make more money if you can attract more people and have higher occupancies.

Good luck!

BEN

Caroline1229
Level 1
Kilbeheny, Ireland

Hi @Frances4982 , what makes it unique and what is the " feeling" ...I'm not getting a feeling from the photos..i get its features etc, so what are the benefits of staying....and just to say, I thing its wonderful and you are doing a good job Frances, just a few tweaks and you'll be super busy...

Ciao Frances,

all'inizio è dura perché non conosci le dinamiche, non conosci il mercato, hai paura che la tua offerta non sia gradita, etc.  Vorresti bruciare le tappe, conoscere ogni segreto...vorresti avere tante recensioni a 5 stelle. Penso che tutto questo sia normale!

In fondo questo è il motore per fare meglio, è la spinta per crescere ed avere successo.

Sento di darti i consigli che ho seguito io stesso:

- non ti scoraggiare!

- affidati ad occhi chiusi ad Airbnb, leggi le guide e impara dalle esperienze raccontate dagli host senior e metti in pratica;

- guarda gli annunci di successo nei tuoi dintorni e imitali;

- differenzia i prezzi per bassa, media e alta stagione,

- inizialmente tieni un profilo basso, cioè non mettere prezzi alti, immagina che quello che non guadagni sia un investimento in marketing, in questo modo forse guadagnerai poco ma avrai ottenuto più recensioni;

- Fai qualche promozione, ma impara bene come funzionano gli sconti;

- per ogni dubbio contatta il Centro Assistenza Airbnb, troverai persone competenti e molto disponibili;

- stabilite le tariffe, fai delle simulazioni;

- cerca di migliorare il più possibile foto e descrizione del tuo alloggio, deve essere chiaro cosa offri, quali sono i punti di forza della tua offerta;

- si paziente e affronta con passione e ottimismo ogni esperienza.

In bocca al lupo!!

Auguri di successo

Andrea