Guest profile picture

Answered!
Shirley26
Level 10
Madison, WI

Guest profile picture

Why doesn't Airbnb require guest(s)  to provide a profile picture similar to what is required of all hosts?  I'm referring to booked reservation(s.).  Meaning, a "close up" picture and not (ie) some "far away"  picture of someone propped up against some mountain range.  He/she looks like some speck out in the distance?  Really Airbnb, that constitutes a guest's profile picture?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Shirley26 

You can tick a box on your listing to say you only accept guests with clear profile photos of themselves. Then if on booking they don't provide it then you can contact the guest and ask them to upload this.

If they don't its grounds for you to be able to cancel penalty free.

I used IB and would say about 97% of guests provide clear profile photos on booking and the rest upload one about me chasing them up for one.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Shirley26 

You can tick a box on your listing to say you only accept guests with clear profile photos of themselves. Then if on booking they don't provide it then you can contact the guest and ask them to upload this.

If they don't its grounds for you to be able to cancel penalty free.

I used IB and would say about 97% of guests provide clear profile photos on booking and the rest upload one about me chasing them up for one.

@Helen3 IB?  What does that stand for?  Thanks,

Can't you give me a hint as to where that box you speak of is that I can "tick"?

I've added this language in my pre booking message and under add'l rules, but it doesn't hold much water. It's a joke....

Language in my listing:  For your safety and mine, a profile picture, similar to that which is on your driver's license and/or passport, including your legal name when reserving
my home.

Thank you,  s