Guests requesting full night refund for 2 hr inconvenience

Guests requesting full night refund for 2 hr inconvenience

Hi,

Hope all community members are doing great. I am relatively a new host, and in my last booking my smart lock malfunctioned and guests were not able to get inside the home for 2 hours. Locksmith repaired it and they were able to come inside. Total there were 6 guests, and they stayed for 2 nights. Now they are requesting refund of one full night but not just the nightly price of home but almost 50% of total booking amount. I am about to become superhost in 2 more bookings and am concerned about my rating but at the same time i find this request totally unreasonable. Have you guys faced this situation in the past and what would you advice me. Certainly my inclination is not to entertain the request because all of them stayed in my 3bed 3bath townhome. At max i was okay with around 50% discount of nightly price which will be 70$ (nightly price $135 ) but they are requesting back 250$. There booking was for 600$ including cleaning fee, taxes, airbnb fee etc.

1 Reply 1
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I think their request is reasonable tbh. 2 hours is a long time.

I'd understand if it was 20 minutes, but even still I'd give a little bit of refund in that case.