Hello, Ive just started a listing in Melbourne and the proprty type is 'Condo' - Does anyone know how the change to Apartment . Condo isnt used in australia

Paul8898
Level 2
Prahran, Australia

Hello, Ive just started a listing in Melbourne and the proprty type is 'Condo' - Does anyone know how the change to Apartment . Condo isnt used in australia

Hi I've just started a new listing for an apartment.

However, the property type list doesn't have 'apartment' it only has 'Condo'. So my listing comes up as 'Condo in Melbourne' as an example.

I can't work out how to change it to apartment as condo isnt a word that is used in australia.

Im sure im just missing something obvious!

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Paul8898  hmm, there must be a way cos other listings have Apartment. without putting myself through the tedium of the set up process again. Just having a quick look, under the first tab Listing Details, you'll find property type. yours might look different but i have Apartment as an option. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 2.09.38 pm.png

@Gillian166 

Thanks for the reply - Mine looks like this: So I can select What is most like your place 'Apartment' But then 'Apartment isnt in Proprty type 'condo' is the only close answer. It driving me a bit nuts 🙂

Paul8898_0-1669004195680.png

@Paul8898  yes, setting up your listing for the first time is a bit of work, and there's lots of hidden items you don't know about. 

others are using Condo too, dont' think it's a deal breaker. I wonder if it relates back to whatever you chose right at the beginning, and can't be changed. 

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi Paul8898,

I have an apartment listing as well (snoozed at the moment) and my settings look like yours.  I chose "rental unit" for Property Type because apartment wasn't offered. But know that when your Australian guest searches for listings and filters for Apartment, your listing will come up. I have no idea why some listings in Australia are labelled Apartment and some rental unit.

Carly249
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi @Paul8898 ,

Were you able to work this out?  I have just put my apartment up and can see other in my area listed as 'apartment', mine is stuck on condo.  As you say, it's not very Australia.

Thanks.