Help getting views

Answered!

Help getting views

We need help because we are getting zero views. 

Top Answer
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Sandy-andAmp--Andrea0 

Here are a few thoughts I had when I went onto your listing:

==>The first five pictures are the most important as this is how a future guest decides whether to click on your listing or not.  You have four pictures that are nature pictures and the only one that is of the property itself is a coffee machine!  You have a lovely porch running round the house, I would focus on that as my number one photo.  You have a lovely picture of the lounge area too so that should be in the top 5.

==>Picture #8 is slightly out of focus in my mind - it shows the kitchen cupboards which is not to me a great selling point.  I would like to see a picture of the whole of the kitchen to determine it's size so why not zoom out and use landscape mode to do this?

==>Same with the picture of the twin beds - zoom out and take a picture in landscape mode

==>In the caption "ensuite bathroom" you see mainly a shower curtain - pull back the curtain to show whether this is a bath or a shower

==>In the caption"full bathroom" you see a wooden cabinet.  If this is a full bathroom, I would want to see the rest of it!  Is there a bath or shower here for my family?

==>In the caption "kitchen" there is just a picture of the coffee machine.  

By zooming out, guests will  have more of a sense of space and will be better able to picture themselves in your listing.  Take the pictures when there is the most sunlight coming in as some of the pictures I felt were a little dark.

Your calendar is closed for the whole of June and July so obviously no views will show up when you enter these dates in the viewing stats.  Just in case, you are not familiar with the way the viewing stats work here is an explanation:

==>Insights

==>Conversion

==>Views

==>In the window with some default dates showing, change the dates to the upcoming week/month that you're interested in and you will be shown a graph with the number of views for the period you've entered. 

In my experience, it's not updated every day but it does give you a rough estimate of the dates that are in demand.

You can also compare your stats to other listings.  On this page you will see "Average page views" with "compare".  click on this and you will see the option "Similar listings".  It is set by default to "Over time"

The above is the procedure to use when using a laptop only.  The viewing stats on your phone are not so precise since you cannot enter specific dates.

Lastly, I would suggest going onto your listing from both your computer and your phone to see the order of the pictures - they will be slightly different but you will get the feel of your listing from a guests point of view.

You have a lovely property so it's just a matter of playing around with the photos so that people can actually see what it is you are marketing and what makes it so special.  Don't be afraid to add a few more pictures of the inside too.  

Wishing you all the best for the upcoming season

Joëlle

View Top Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Sandy-andAmp--Andrea0 

Here are a few thoughts I had when I went onto your listing:

==>The first five pictures are the most important as this is how a future guest decides whether to click on your listing or not.  You have four pictures that are nature pictures and the only one that is of the property itself is a coffee machine!  You have a lovely porch running round the house, I would focus on that as my number one photo.  You have a lovely picture of the lounge area too so that should be in the top 5.

==>Picture #8 is slightly out of focus in my mind - it shows the kitchen cupboards which is not to me a great selling point.  I would like to see a picture of the whole of the kitchen to determine it's size so why not zoom out and use landscape mode to do this?

==>Same with the picture of the twin beds - zoom out and take a picture in landscape mode

==>In the caption "ensuite bathroom" you see mainly a shower curtain - pull back the curtain to show whether this is a bath or a shower

==>In the caption"full bathroom" you see a wooden cabinet.  If this is a full bathroom, I would want to see the rest of it!  Is there a bath or shower here for my family?

==>In the caption "kitchen" there is just a picture of the coffee machine.  

By zooming out, guests will  have more of a sense of space and will be better able to picture themselves in your listing.  Take the pictures when there is the most sunlight coming in as some of the pictures I felt were a little dark.

Your calendar is closed for the whole of June and July so obviously no views will show up when you enter these dates in the viewing stats.  Just in case, you are not familiar with the way the viewing stats work here is an explanation:

==>Insights

==>Conversion

==>Views

==>In the window with some default dates showing, change the dates to the upcoming week/month that you're interested in and you will be shown a graph with the number of views for the period you've entered. 

In my experience, it's not updated every day but it does give you a rough estimate of the dates that are in demand.

You can also compare your stats to other listings.  On this page you will see "Average page views" with "compare".  click on this and you will see the option "Similar listings".  It is set by default to "Over time"

The above is the procedure to use when using a laptop only.  The viewing stats on your phone are not so precise since you cannot enter specific dates.

Lastly, I would suggest going onto your listing from both your computer and your phone to see the order of the pictures - they will be slightly different but you will get the feel of your listing from a guests point of view.

You have a lovely property so it's just a matter of playing around with the photos so that people can actually see what it is you are marketing and what makes it so special.  Don't be afraid to add a few more pictures of the inside too.  

Wishing you all the best for the upcoming season

Joëlle