Hi I am hosting a property on behalf of my partner which is legal owner how can I managed taxes to be payed by him directly as owner of property

Patricia4802
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi I am hosting a property on behalf of my partner which is legal owner how can I managed taxes to be payed by him directly as owner of property

Hi I have a problem I am managing my partner flat Airbnb who is legal owner. Account on my name and income on a shared account. 
how can I change / add his tax details in order tax to be paid 

thanks 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Patricia4802 

The listing should have been set up in his name with yourself added as the cohost . Then his income would go to him and your fee for managing to you then you could both pay appropriate tax 

if it's been incorrectly set up all I can think is for you to increase his fee as the cohost to 80% then you add in your tax details and you just pay tax on the income you earn 😀

actually just checked the listing and seen you haven't added him to his listing at all . Add him as a cohosts and allocate the vast majority of the income to him then just pay yourself whatever % you agreed with him to manage his property ....