Highlighting listing features

Sarah6244
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Highlighting listing features

How do I put up the little tags on the listing that show up when people search for my property? I've seen "no cleaning fee" or "pet friendly" on the listing before guests even click on the listing. Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Sarah6244 

I understand your wish and need. It would certainly be great to have control over which features are highlighted on your listing, but Airbnb highlights specific features on listings based on what guests are actively searching for.

Hosts themselves do not have direct control over which tags are displayed during a search.

While hosts can fill out detailed information about amenities (like pet-friendly or no cleaning fee), the Airbnb algorithm decides which features to highlight in search results depending on what guests are filtering for and what features the algorithm finds most relevant for the user’s query.

For example, adding certain amenities like Wi-Fi, free parking, or a dedicated workspace can help listings appear when guests search for those specific features, but the decision to showcase those amenities in search results is handled automatically by Airbnb’s system. It uses data from guest preferences and filters to determine which listings to promote for certain searches.

Hope this explanation makes sense!

Best regards,
Karen

Hi Sarah,

To add tags like "No Cleaning Fee" or "Pet Friendly" to your Airbnb listing, follow these steps:

1. Go to Your Listing:

• Click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner and select "Listings."
  2. Edit Your Listing:

• Choose the listing you want to update.
    • Click on "Pricing and Availability" and navigate to the "Fees" section.
      • To add "No Cleaning Fee," you can simply set the cleaning fee to $0.
  3. Update Amenities:

• Go to the "Amenities" section of your listing.
    • Scroll through and check off relevant amenities, like "Pet-Friendly" if you allow pets.
      • Airbnb will automatically highlight certain amenities or fees (or lack thereof) in search results, based on what you’ve checked off here.
  4. Save Changes:

• Once you've updated the information, save your changes.

Airbnb uses certain filters and keywords from your listing, like "No Cleaning Fee," "Pet-Friendly," or other unique amenities, to show in search results. Keep your listing details updated and accurate, and Airbnb’s system will automatically highlight these features.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management