How do I list different bed configuration options for the same room?

Answered!

How do I list different bed configuration options for the same room?

Hi, I'm a new room host. I only have one room available, but I can configure it with either 2 long single beds, or put them together as a king size bed.

Airbnb forces me to make a choice on the number of beds, so it's either one or two beds, but I can't give the 2 options. Do I need to make a second listing if I want to come up in the 2 types of searches? And would that mean I would have to manually update calendars every time I get a booking, duplicate all the rules, descriptions, etc?

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura6578 you can duplicate the listing using the duplicate function and then link the calendars to stop double bookings. Just be aware that some things like cancellation policy do not duplicate and also blocking one calendar will not block the other if you are on vacation.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura6578 you can duplicate the listing using the duplicate function and then link the calendars to stop double bookings. Just be aware that some things like cancellation policy do not duplicate and also blocking one calendar will not block the other if you are on vacation.

This is useful, thank you! I'll have to find where the 'duplicate' option is. I will have a look tomorrow 😊

@Laura6578 If you click 'create new listing' I think it is an option offered to you.

Spot on! Thank you for being so helpful.

Airbnb could do better though. It duplicated photos and basic info, but a lot of the other information I had to re-enter manually (it all comes from different pages, sometimes hard to find). 

I'm not complaining to you, just mentioning it hoping that Airbnb monitors these threads and can take the feedback.

Cheers

Laura