How to Retain Reviews When Switching from Letting Agent to Personal Airbnb Management?

How to Retain Reviews When Switching from Letting Agent to Personal Airbnb Management?

Hey everyone! I’ve been with a letting agent for the last 2.5 years, and they’ve helped me become quite the busy spot with a 75% occupancy rate.
Recently though, the cleaning hasn’t been up to scratch and nightly rates for big local events have been missed, and it’s taken a toll on our reviews, dropping us from a stellar 4.9 to a 4.7-star rating.
The agent is a Superhost, and I think that’s been great for getting the place noticed locally. Now, I’m thinking of taking things into my own hands. Any tips on how to keep those hard-earned reviews when I switch to managing the property myself? I am a marketing expert with a background in long-term lettings.
Really want to keep up the momentum and maintain our rep! Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jamie1275 unless you set the listing up with you as the host and the agent as a co host you will need to start again from zero reviews.

Hi! Thank you for the response. 

Can I switch to co-host now?

@Jamie1275 You could but your current agent would still control your listing.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to take over management of your listing . @Jamie1275 

1. Give notice to your management company in accordance with your contract with them 

2. Agree what to do about future bookings

3. set up your own listing 

you can't transfer reviews and ratings from someone else's profile to yours .