How to book for more listings

Robin1455
Level 1
Rockport, TX

How to book for more listings

Can you please give me feedback on photography, etc. on my listing and how to increase my bookings

2 Replies 2

Hi Robin,

I don't think we have access to your listing link unless the listing link is shared on your post so we can give feedback. 

As for how to increase bookings, attracting guests to your Airbnb listings involves a combination of effective marketing, competitive pricing, excellent guest experiences, and leveraging the strengths of your properties. Here are some strategic tips and solutions to help boost your room bookings:

*Optimize Your Listings

High-Quality Photos: Ensure your listings have high-resolution, well-lit photos that showcase the best features of each room and common areas.

Detailed Descriptions: Provide thorough, accurate descriptions of your space. Highlight unique amenities and any special touches you provide.

Update Regularly: Keep your listing information up-to-date, especially regarding availability, amenities, and any improvements.

* Enhance Guest Experience

Fast Response Rate: Respond promptly to inquiries and reservation requests to increase your chances of booking.

Personal Touch: Consider adding personal touches like a welcome note, a small gift, or local recommendations to enhance the guest experience.

Amenities: Feature essential amenities that enhance guest comfort during their stay, including high-speed Wi-Fi, streaming services, gourmet coffee, board games, and quality cookware. Consider including any additional items you believe will improve the guest experience.

* Competitive Pricing Strategy

Dynamic Pricing: Use tools like PriceLabs, Wheelhouse, or Airbnb’s own pricing tool to adjust prices based on demand, seasonality, and local events.

Special Offers: Consider offering discounts for longer stays or last-minute bookings to attract more guests.

Transparent Pricing: Avoid hidden charges; ensure all fees are clear in your listing to prevent surprises that could deter potential guests.

* Increase Visibility Through Marketing

Social Media: Utilize platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to showcase your property. Post attractive photos, share guest reviews, and highlight local attractions.

SEO for Airbnb: Optimize your listing titles and descriptions with relevant keywords that potential guests might use when searching for a place to stay in your area.

Local Partnerships: Collaborate with local businesses like cafes, restaurants, and tour operators to offer special packages or promotions.

* Leverage Reviews
Encourage Reviews: Prompt guests to leave a review after their stay. High ratings and positive reviews can significantly boost your listing’s visibility and attractiveness.

Respond to Reviews: Respond professionally to all reviews, thanking guests for positive feedback and addressing any negative comments gracefully.

* Utilize Airbnb Tools

Instant Book: Enable Instant Book to allow guests to book your place without prior approvals, making it easier and faster for interested parties to secure a reservation.

Superhost Status: Aim to achieve and maintain Airbnb Superhost status, which can greatly increase your listing's visibility and appeal.

* Offer Experiences

Airbnb Experiences: Consider creating an Airbnb Experience related to your property. This could be a cooking class, a guided tour, or any unique local activity that might attract guests to your property.

* Direct Bookings

Create a Website: For long-term success, consider building your own branded website where guests can book directly with you, bypassing platform fees and allowing for direct marketing.

By implementing these strategies, you can increase the visibility of your listings, attract more guests, and ultimately, boost your bookings. Each strategy will vary in effectiveness depending on your specific location, type of property, and target market, so it’s important to adapt and refine tactics as you learn what works best for your situation.

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,

Upfish Management

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Robin1455  Honestly, it needs work. 

First and foremost, don't (!!!!) try to cram 6 people into this tiny place. The biggest mistake newbies make is a guest capacity that is too high for their space. 

Your description is a bit lacking, so I'm not sure how big the loft bed is, but a capacity of 4 -better yet- two adults and perhaps kids- is much more reasonable. 6 people sharing one bathroom and stepping over air mattresses doesn't make for a good getaway. Your house rules say 4 guests, so you should modify your description to agree with that. 

You should remove the part about the key being in the door. You can communicate that to guests with their check-in information. 

The photos aren't great....I'm not sure what to tell you since it seems like a pretty small place. Perhaps try landscape shots and try to capture shots of larger areas. I don't know what will help. There's a lot going on in that space, but I still don't know where the loft is, how a person gets up there, and there's no picture of the bed up there. It looks like a studio, where everything is in one room. Is that correct? Make sure that's in your description if so. Can you take a picture from the front door that shows everything? 

Next, and this is a personal opinion- all I saw in the photos was clutter. Stuff all over the shelves, lots of stuff in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. I get that your decor is beachy, but in a small space, it's good to keep things simple. I'm not exactly sure what all that stuff is, but do guests need it? All of it? 

In a small space, quieter is better. A small matching dish set, simply placed matching towels- maybe in a toned-down color? Perhaps a cabinet with doors to store all of the kitchen stuff? The same in the bathroom? 

Figure out who your demographic is and cater to that. I would see this as a romantic fun getaway for a couple. Your price is perfectly reasonable for a couple to spend the weekend. Maybe play up what's nearby as far as restaurants, things to do, a farmers market? 

The better your written description, and the clearer you are with house rules, the less chance for misunderstandings with guests. Your house rules say smoking is allowed, and that means inside as well as outside unless you specify. I believe there's a box to check for smoking that says outside only. 

I wish you good luck with your listing, and my comments are intended to help. I'm sure some other hosts will chime in and give you some different perspectives.