I has issues with the GPS to my location

I has issues with the GPS to my location

Has any one in this group are having the same problems?

4 Replies 4

@Augustus13 

Yes! We're in the same boat. We have written out specific directions to our place from all points, and emphasized that GPS is mostly worthless out here, in the mountains. It gives incorrect commands all the time. Our solution has been "manual override."

Hi @Augustus13 

Yes...unlike @Kitty-and-Creek0, have had the same problem only due to the fact the property was in a new subdivision and the address was not yet in Google, not because the property was in a remote, rural location.

We also send specific instructions to guests and warned them that they couldn't rely on their vehicle GPS. In the mean time, we sent a request to add the address to Google Maps and they corrected it within  a few days. There is a tiny feedback button on GoogleMaps to send them a feedback. Not sure if this would help in a remote location though:

Joan2709_1-1720914978851.png

Joan2709_2-1720915031173.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Augustus13 We use what3words to help guests find our place. She guests have found it invaluable

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Augustus13, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Even our more experienced Hosts have faced this situation and found amazing solutions 😊. Are you planning to try any of their suggestions?

Keep us posted 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad