I haven't received a payout

I haven't received a payout

Who would help when having problems with Pay out? Airbnb says the reservation has been paied but my paypal account does not show that. The guest has been already 1 week in the propperty and I haven't receive money.

I am a new hosts but I had been able to receive reinburstments as  guest.

So I am not sure why the transaction has not been successfull.

323 Replies 323

@Briana81  I should have saved the message, sorry, I will write again when I have a bit more time. Apologies

why you couldn't get payout? Did you solve this issue? 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Probed By UK Tax Authorities

A note in newly filed accounts for Airbnb UK said it had been contacted by HMRC over "tax laws or regulations impacting the company's business".

"The company is also subject to tax inquiries and proceedings concerning its operations and intra-company transactions," it added.

"Some of these matters may result in litigation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50137770

Hi Susan
I do not follow how your response explains why 1 payout was delayed (untill I queried the delay). Why subsequent payout was made plus 2 duplicate payouts and finally a recent delayed payout?
So in short when can I expect this matter to be resolved so I can re-focus on driving bookings forward? Airbnb notifications to "soon" is delightfully vague!
Tom

Hi @Tom2408 

Sorry, my comment wasn't in response to your post! It was simply a relevant piece of information for all the unpaid hosts who have been reporting that their payment entity has switched from Airbnb Payments UK, to Citibank Eire or Citibank Financial Services Ireland in recent months. 

Unfortunately, what you're experiencing now (the duplicate payouts) is part of a newer, completely separate (but widespread) screw-up on Airbnb's behalf, and heaven only knows how long it will take them to sort out this particular fiasco. All I can say to you is keep a very close eye on the duplicate payments, and make sure you don't end up "repaying" them, several times over. 

Regrettably for the Airbnb brand and Community the impact of this "scew up" is huge with no info on when to expect it to be resolved! is there no resolution deadline?

David6384
Level 2
Port Isaac, GB

I choose NOT to to be paid by Airbnb to my Paypal account as Paypal charge me 3% for that service. Airbnb say it takes 5 working days for payments to reach my bank. Currently i am waiting for a payment made 12 working days ago.

Nobody in the payments department of Airbnb will contact me, despite customer service telling me they have raised a case and escalated it.

The worst thing you can do in business is not pay people on time. I passed angry many days ago !

Chris11919
Level 2
Pangbourne, United Kingdom

Hi David

I let my Falmouth house over Christmas for 1 week and I am still waiting for payment to my bank -my experience is similar to yours . I am owed  £2000 from Airbnb - the payout was processed on 29 December 2019 but I have still not been paid. I have not used Airbnb before as a host and do not intend to use them again. Their customer services send me useless messages telling me “ a trace has been initiated for your funds ....” they have used the same odd language as you have received like “ ....your escalation is on queue for our payments team to pick up ....”

I have decided the only way I will get my payment is to issue a claim in the small claims court. 

let’s stay in touch on this. 

@Chris11919 Any luck? It's Dec 2020 and I am also owed over 2k, with upcoming holiday reservations that I do not feel comfortable hosting.

Briana
Vojtech2
Level 2
Denpasar, ID

I'm host since 2 years ago with 7 properties. Airbnb doesn't provide my payout since 6 November 2019   today is 9 January 2020. Right now I have stuck with them more than 12000 Euro. I contact the help center daily but help not coming. The help center always sends me the same form to fill out then waiting patiently  5 days but after a 5-day process starts totally from the beginning. My situation is day to day worse. I cant cancel my upcoming guest because Airbnb charges me the cancellation penalty. In the absence of payment, the power and water were turned off from central. Property cleaning service terminated contract with me. I already lock my calendar but upcoming clients I still must accept and from Airbnb, I don't get any urgent help until today the only a lot of promise but nothing more .

Briana81
Level 3
Puerto Morelos, Mexico

@Vojtech2 

Ugh! I feel for you. SO unfair. Can't believe Airbnb is allowing this to take place. Did you get paid yet?

Briana
Troy18
Level 2
Pateley Bridge, GB

For over a month with countless hours on the phone and in live chat I have been trying to secure the release of a payout hat shows as upcoming on Dec 10, 2019 (today it the 15th of January 2020). Consistently I get brushed off, false promises, disappearing case managers, “elevated” to various departments that have nothing to do with payouts (One case manager closed by saying he was elevating the issue to the Community Education Team... wtf?). 

Though with various degrees of consistency, overall they have suggested a software glitch occurred when the guest extended their stay. They insist their engineers are working on the problem.

Overall, I’m astounded at just how horrible the customer service department is at Airbnb. I really wish I could post the message threads here just to illustrate how ridiculous some of the replies and logic have been. 

It’s extremely rare that I ever complain, much less post, about poor service... but I just spent another two hours on the phone with yet another case manager that again was unable to help... and I just need to vent!

Well , well, so they are now doing this caper in Australia to their hosts. I have just been reading how long this no payment has been going on. Everyones story is just like mine. I have been with airbnb for over 4 years now and have become a super host. ( that obvoiusly means nothing when you complain about not being paid) every response by so many help  staff all give me the same spiel and further even when ringing different phone help numbers they are saying similar things- sorry,  we have now escalated this case and it should be resolved soon, even one help person even writing in my inbox saying it seemed they knew why I hadn't been paid but wouldn't say why?. My guests checked in on 23rd December 2019 and the payout supposedly was triggered on the 30th December. They have now been gone 12 days and I have contacted airbnb either by email or phone and have got the most terrible run around. My next guests  a family of 5 arrive tomorrow and I have even put in an email that I have no confidence in receiving payment from them and would request cash payment from these guest when they arrive and they in turn can get a refund from airbnb the money they already paid them weeks ago.. I am about to severe my association with airbnb if they do not give me my money or a satisfactory answer.   

It seems that this issue with the glitch is ongoing...I have received the same explanation regarding my late payout. In my case the tenant requested to cut her visit shot by one day, and I complied with her request (of course) However then it came time for my payout it was not forthcoming. Finally, one week after her departure I inquired with airbnb as to what the delay would mean? I was on the phone for more than an hour - told that there was a "glitch" in the system. They had mistakenly processes her refund and overpaid her...not not able to process my payout until it was resolved. Another hour phone call ensued a week later, with the escalation to a customer service supervisor. Still told that the "glitch" was in process with their technical team. I have since had multiple text messages from this supervisor: Zelda, and they have no conclusive date as to when the payout problem will be resolved. It has been 3 weeks since my first inquiry to them. They say the issue is still in process with the technical team. I am disappointed that as a superhost, they process seems not to take into consideration the HOST in these matters. Why would they not payout to us, while the internal Airbnb "glitch" issue be investigated on their on side in their own time? 

I have been a host since 2011 and always had a very positive experience with their customer service. This particular issue with payout delays now makes me very hesitant to proceed with bookings in the future. I cannot imagine that is the reputation they are looking to cultivate. If there are any current solutions (2020) recommended for this matter - please feel free to reply. Thx.

We all nee to figure out how we can stop Airbnb from ripping off so many people.  This is a form of stealing in a big way.  any suggestions on what we all can do??