I'm New Here - Please provide suggestions on my listing

Scott2158
Level 1
Marshall, MI

I'm New Here - Please provide suggestions on my listing

Hello,

So happy to have completed renovations and be part of the community!   I decided to try furnished mid term rentals after leasing the property long term for the last ten years.  

I have the listing set up for 30 day or longer stays so it isn't visible to anyone who is searching for a shorter stay.   I am not seeing any page views.  Either I don't know where to look or haven't received any yet. 

Feel free to take a look at my listing and provide suggestions.  

Home in Marshall · ★New · 3 bedrooms · 3 beds · 1.5 baths

Thank you

Scott 

[Content updated by OCM]

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Scott2158 

My ideas:

Rem ember a Guest isn't on Airbnb to buy your house or rent long term.    Change your photos a little bit and maybe tweak the descrip[tion to invite the market your going after.  Longer stays are usually work related are you near the local hospital olr as business area?  A guest might not be familiar with an area tell them why you are the best choice.

A large house with a 30 day minimum  most employees renting aren't renting for families, so speak to how well you accommodate employment groups various employees getting together to rent a house.  Hav ing house rules is also good because 1 tenaqn t can say you can't do the stupid thing it is against the rules..

When setting the price, you want to be sure you are reviewing prices also requiring a 30 day stay.  I am always a  brain  picker so after a guest knows m e I casually get an idea of hiere per diem allowance,It varies b y type of contract worker so you have to monitor

Change your wording to short term  rental. agreement rather than lease.  Make sure you hav e the right agreement presenting the wrong contract could cause you problems..

Hi @Scott2158 

Looks like you've done your homework on setting up your listing—it's clearly well thought out from what guests can see (like the dining area, bedroom, and laundry setup) to what they can use (like all the cookware).

Just a heads up, the kitchen area photos seem a bit much. Maybe just go with two pictures there—one showing the stove side and another of the microwave side. The cookware shots are great though, especially for any damage or missing item claims with Airbnb. Same with bathroom (one picture of tub will do) as well as the laundry area.

Also, consider adding a few more amenities to keep guests entertained. If you’re looking for low-key options, think about including some board games or card decks. These small touches can make a big difference in guest satisfaction.

It might be good to add some photos or details about the nearby spots around your property. Are there any tourist attractions, local restaurants, or cafes? How about the transport links? This info really helps guests get a feel for the neighborhood.

Overall, your listing looks fantastic. A warm welcome to hosting!

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with theCommunity Center Guidelines]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Scott2158, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center 😊

It's great to see you starting your first post in our community. Two of our most experienced Hosts have shared their opinions; have you had a chance to read them?

I am reaching out to other Hosts to see if they would like to share their feedback on your listing: @Elena4354,  @Tim3904@Nalin67@Vincenzo89, and @Dee32.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dee32
Level 9
Redondo Beach, CA

@Scott2158 

Hi Scott,

One thing I noticed is that you have a heat register next to your tub. I can tell you that's an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure that could be re-routed pretty easily. We have a register in our bathroom, but it's opposite from tub or any water & not in a path you can walk on. I'm imagining a few kids who like to fill things up & play! Stepping on a hot register wouldn't be good either. When redoing a space we moved our laundry room over about 20 feet, the washer ended up 4 feet from a register, I never thought about it until we had a backed up washer:( Water filled up in the register. Even after getting the water out, the damage to the vent can cause mold.

Best to you

Nalin67
Level 2
Singapore

Your minimum stay is 30 days 

You haven't received any guests 

So do you think anyone will book your house for 30 days 

Please cut down your minimum length of Stay to 2 or 3 days

Give 20 % initial discount 

Please see you tube many videos ab about this matter