Is the listing legitimate?

Answered!
Paul11381
Level 2
Horsted Keynes, United Kingdom

Is the listing legitimate?

I am always worried about fraud - I've booked 2 trips in Florida and one listing is cheaper than the others and the other I can't get a reply from the owner ? Are they legitimate?

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

Top Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Paul11381, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paul11381 The first is an Airbnb address. The second isn't and is not something I am willing to click on. Where on earth did you find it? In fact it is so obviously fraudulent I have reported you as a scammer. Sorry in advance  if you are not.

Paul11381
Level 2

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Paul11381 But that one looks fine. It was the second one in your original post that was strange

Paul11381
Level 2

Screenshot (368).png

Paul11381
Level 2

That was the dodgy link !!

Paul11381
Level 2

So both look OK in your opinion?

Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Paul11381 , both listings look fine. If the owner of the second listing doesn't respond to your messages, try to call the owner. 

If you can't reach the owner by phone and don't get a response to your messages for a long time, I recommend you contact Airbnb support.

Kind regards. 

Elena. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Paul11381, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad