Is this airnb listing a scam?

Anthony2345
Level 1
Noosa Heads, Australia

Is this airnb listing a scam?

It says Fusion Studio 2Br3bedside Sea View in the title. Also it then says 4 guests | 1 bedroom | 3 beds | 1 bath
Also some of the images look stock, not of their actual apartment and the pricing is much lower than what a similar apartment in that complex is showing on booking.com so I'm dubious especially as the host has been around for one month and there are no reviews of the apartment yet.

If I book it and it turns out to be a scam does Airbnb reimburse me?

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

3 Replies 3
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anthony2345 😊,

I had to remove the listing link because it included identifiable information, which isn’t allowed in the community according to our guidelines.

However, did you get a chance to contact the host directly for more details?

And did you end up booking a stay at the listing?

I am Looking forward to hearing how it went! 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Anthony2345 

If it states it is a 1 bedroom with 3 beds one wonders what the sleeping arrangements are? Can you tell from the photo the size of the bed in the bedroom, or how many beds in the bedroom? Airbnb allows Hosts to list sleeper sofas and air mattresses as "beds." This could be the reason for the lower price. It could also be this is a new listing and they have discounted their price to attract their first guests.

In the "Where You'll Sleep" section on the iisting it should indicate where the beds are and what type of beds. 

As mentioned by @Elisa , I would send a message to the Host before booking and clarify with them any questions or concerns you have. This also documents your concerns on the platform should you need to work with Airbnb if you have issues upon arrival. If you book and find the listing description and photos do not match what you find when arriving, you can contact Airbnb and report that. Depending on the situation you may be able to cancel base on the fact the listing is not accurate. That said, if the Host doesn't answer your questions to your satisfaction, I would find another listing to book. Better to do that than worry about potential issues and not being able to find another place to stay last minute.

Hi @Joan2709 😊

thank you for your advice, it is precious!

Have you had a similar experience in your life?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center