Launching my first Airbnb

Antoan12
Level 2
Como, Italy

Launching my first Airbnb

Hello community,

I am planning to launch my first Airbnb in Italy, Como. I would ask you if you could give me some tips for starters like how to get more click on my profile, how do you manage your sheets, whether it is a sheet rental or you have your own etc... 

And last but not least, if there are some hosts in Italy, if you could provide with some additional information regarding the local regolations.

Thank you,

Antoan

2 Replies 2
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Antoan12

Here are a couple of articles I found in the Resource Centre called how to get started
and getting started with Airbnb.

There are lots of advice and tips around the Community Center, if you go to the search bar at the top of your screen, which has a 🔍 and says “search the community” and type in a few keywords related to what you're looking for I'm sure you'll find plenty of posts 😊

There are also quite few boards on the community to explore, but I thought these might be of particular interest to you! 

🎯  Advice on your space 🎯
💻 Help with your business 💻

If you’d like to learn about asking for a listing critique, check out this topic right here: 

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center✍️

I also found a guide about Responsible hosting in Italy 

Lastly I'd like to share a thread written by one of our amazing long time host Robin called How do you get started as an Airbnb host

I hope you find these useful! 😊

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Antoan12 Here are some tips to help you begin on the right foot and ensure a great experience for both you and your guests. 

-Before listing your property, it's crucial to understand the short-term rental regulations in your area. This may include zoning laws, permits, taxes, and any homeowner association rules.

-Invest in professional photography to showcase your space in the best light. Ensure your listing photos are clear, well-lit, and highlight the unique features of your property. Provide a thorough description of your space, including amenities, the neighborhood, and any unique features or rules. Be honest and transparent to manage guests' expectations.

-Look at similar listings in your area to understand the market rate. Consider adjusting your prices based on demand, seasonality, and local events.

-Provide clear check-in instructions and house rules. Consider creating a welcome guide that includes WiFi passwords, local recommendations, and emergency contact information.

-Provide necessary cleaning supplies, toiletries, linens, and towels for your guests.

Share your personal recommendations for dining, entertainment, and attractions. This can enhance your guests' experience and make their stay memorable. Hope this helps!