Listing Feedback

Answered!
Sinead73
Level 2
Enniskillen, United Kingdom

Listing Feedback

Hi, I am new to Airbnb Hosting & would love some feedback on my listing, we will be redoing photos professionally this weekend.  Constructive advise to help us get our first bookings welcome...

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1235518717600085195?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

1 Best Answer
Philip3527
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

@Sinead73 I have had a look at your listing and I love it! Makes me want to go there. There is just a 2 things I suggest. There is no description of your place, only about the surrounding area. I think it would be good to add a bit more about the house, do u have a kitchen they cook in, is the bed extra comfy, do you have a fireplace, u never know just some tiny information you give can be the deciding factor for a booking. Secondly you need more photos that show the space more. Take more wide angle shot. This allows the potential guest to see what they can expect and see the space in your home.  This 2 things will give the guest more information on their booking as they are paying for an Airbnb they would want to know what they can expect else they would be booking blindly and not many people will do that. I hope this helps, good luck with your Airbnb.

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Philip3527
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

@Sinead73 I have had a look at your listing and I love it! Makes me want to go there. There is just a 2 things I suggest. There is no description of your place, only about the surrounding area. I think it would be good to add a bit more about the house, do u have a kitchen they cook in, is the bed extra comfy, do you have a fireplace, u never know just some tiny information you give can be the deciding factor for a booking. Secondly you need more photos that show the space more. Take more wide angle shot. This allows the potential guest to see what they can expect and see the space in your home.  This 2 things will give the guest more information on their booking as they are paying for an Airbnb they would want to know what they can expect else they would be booking blindly and not many people will do that. I hope this helps, good luck with your Airbnb.

Rose2381
Level 2
Malvern, Australia

Hi Sinead, I had a look at your wonderful listing. As you mentioned you are having a professional photographer come in, I think that is a wonderful idea. My recommendation would be to use natural light as much as possible to make the place light and airy. 
I suggest using some plants and cushions in the house that will bring warmth.  Remove visible toilet paper everywhere in the bathroom, placing it in a nice basket near the toilet. No need to have photos of a toilet on your listing, just a nice snap of your general bathroom would do. Maybe remove the bath mat from the floor and decorate with nice towels either rolled up or hanging somewhere. Handguns plants in the bathroom work really well. Lastly, clients mostly appreciate how appoint the beds are. We use the best bedding we can find and (can be pricy,  but always on a hunt for offers and discounts).. clients love the feel of comfort and cleanliness when sleeping away from home and this is always a pint of difference from other competitors if you have any in your area. 
I hope this could be of any help to you and keep in mind if your startup is budget constrained, you can build on these slowly along the way. Doesn’t have to be all at once. 
warm Regards 

Rose 

Albertina-Lee0
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

personally I will view many properties when I’m trying to pick a place. Unnecessary pictures of lamps, plants etc just make it more confusing. Take well lit pictures of important features ie beds, bathroom, kitchen, snacks, coffee, living room. I agree with someone else’s comment. Describe your listings highlights, then add more about surrounding area and what’s to do. 

I always have had cheapy snacks, bottles of water and a coffee maker with pods. Ground coffee is to much work and clean up.  Simple cookware and utensils. Some metal cutlery, but also have plastic and paper plates and to go coffee cups available. 

I have a drawer filled with emergency items also. Single serve pain relievers, women’s hygiene products, Travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes etc. I collect up everything when I’m traveling so my drawer is filled with stuff from all over 🤣. People have commented on it being an amazing drawer of hotel discovery 🤭. 

Hope this helped. 

Gloria53
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

Very sweet location for sure! Updated kitchen is a plus, but people need to know about washer/dryer or where they go to take care of that need. I know nothing about your locale so perhaps a little more discription of what guests can expect- night life? Just relaxation? Do you have any boat,paddleboard, kayak for them to use instead of just watching others sail by? I like to see the  kitchen appliances available, keurig or coffee maker or just drip? I also like to have another viewpoint of the bathroom- show me those fluffy towels for 2-4 people. Do you leave changes for linens ? Much luck in gaining some great bookings!