Listing Unlisted with no Information as to Why?

Marian3719
Level 2
Millbridge, Australia

Listing Unlisted with no Information as to Why?

Hi,
I’ve been a Superhost for several years, maintaining a 4.9+ rating across my properties. Airbnb is the primary source of income for my family of four, and we depend on bookings for our livelihood.

A month ago, my listing was set to "unlisted," and since then, I've had no success in getting it reinstated. I’ve contacted Airbnb support multiple times a day for the past two weeks, but each time, I’m told the case is with the "specialized team," and no one has been able to give me any concrete answers. I have no control over what is happening or any information on when it might be resolved.

The only thing I’ve been told is that the guest at the time complained about loud neighbors. I reached out to this guest personally to get some answers, as I had not heard from Airbnb. She was very understanding of my situation and confirmed that not only did she leave a 5-star review for the great stay, but she also never called Airbnb to file a complaint. She even contacted Airbnb support on my behalf to clarify that her stay was great and that there were no issues.

To make matters worse, I was never informed that my listing was being unlisted. I received no email, no message, or phone call explaining why this happened or what steps I need to take. It’s been over a month since my listing went down, and I’ve lost numerous bookings, which has been devastating for my family. Every time I call Airbnb support, I’m met with a message at the end that says, “case closed,” even though nothing has been resolved.

I’m really hoping that by reaching out here, I can get some clarity on the following:

• Why was my listing unlisted without any prior communication or notice?
  • Where is the documentation or reason for this unlisting?
  • What do I need to do to resolve this and get my listing back up?
  • Is there something I’m missing that would justify this action?

I want to be a responsible host, but without any communication, it’s impossible to fix the issue. This situation has severely impacted my ability to provide for my family, and I desperately need some clear answers and assistance.

I appreciate the platform and value Airbnb, but this lack of communication has been extremely hard to deal with, especially when my business and family’s livelihood are at stake.

Please help me resolve this as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Marian

6 Replies 6
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Marian3719 

I don't know what unlisted but I think noisy neighbors is probably not the reason.  

If your listing was in good standing and a sudden unlisting that is usually a health safety or privacy complaint. Did you have any guest unhappy about money or rule enforcement?

Is there a possibility your dealing with a false report from a disgruntled guest?

Hi @Marie8425,

The Support team only ever told me the guest complained about noise. Which I then saw was not true. So its possible its a false report.

All our guests have been great, no complaints directly to us. 

@Marian3719 

I would approach this very business like,  What noise complaint caused an unlisting? The policies of Airbnb I agreed to say I will be unlisted immediately if health safety or privacy is jeopardized  Airbnb rules state for an issue like not disclosing noise then as a result of negative reviews.

Won't be quick or easy but I have won when I leave emotions out and sometimes send the same email 10 times,

Howard103
Level 5
Aguada, Puerto Rico

@Marian3719  Corporate Airbnb (the publicly traded company) doesn't care about you, the host. It only cares about its quarterly revenue and profit forecast and nire guests. This probably means some bad guest is gaming their stay and your reviews. Since Airbnb doesn't want to pay for quality customer service and they have no authority to act, the easiest thing to do is to block your listing. In 48 hours, when adults come back, things will be resolved. When customer service is the cheapest call center in the world, making $2 an hour, what do you expect? Revenuea can't grow to the sky. So what next? Cutting costs. Where? Customer service. Good luck Marian, you'll be fine. 

Marian3719
Level 2
Millbridge, Australia

@Bhumika or @Breanna or @Quincy can you please help? I've noticed you've helped others in similar situations. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Also tagging other Community Managers to get any help. @Rebecca @Paula