Answered!
Polly164
Level 5
Geelong, Australia

Listing feedback: Polly, Geelong, Garden Room

Hello!

I would love feedback on this listing: www.airbnb.com.au/h/gardenroomgeelong 

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 10.41.37 AM.png

I set up this listing many months ago, and the bookings were coming in fast at first. Guests loved the room, especially as it is next to the bathroom, and they get almost complete use of this (except for my one shower a day). The bedroom is large, has lovely views, and the storage is excellent. Guests also get free use of the house, and their own mini fridge too. 

Since May this year, however, I have not received any booking requests, and promotions are not receiving any views either. My other listings at the very same property are getting bookings and views. I am a SuperHost too, so the lack of views for promotions is frustrating. 

Over Easter I had a hostile guest stay in the room, unfortunately. They made multiple complaints against me, including false reports about safety and cleanliness. I had to write multiple reports to counter this. AirBnb did refund me for the trouble (of getting professional assessments about the guest's claims) and said that all the complaints had been resolved. I have also contacted Air Support twice now, asking if there is anything else going on with the listing that I might be able to fix? They've said no. 

I am so confused as to why my listing is not receiving views still! I have continuing five star reviews (I often upgrade bookings for the smaller room to this larger listing). I followed all of the advice of Air (professional photos, reviewed descriptions etc), the only exception being it is request-only (as I am sharing, I want to filter guests), but I respond immediately. I just cannot seem to attract even views!

Any suggestions? Is it possible my listing has been "shadow banned" on Air? Is that a thing? Is there a way to fix this?

Much appreciate any help might you might be able to provide. 

(Content modified by OCM)

1 Best Answer

@Polly164 

Someone else's great idea but works if you delete your pi8ctures and then upload the same in different order changes the photo tour.

Another idea, your reviews and your and focus on you and your house. Maybe play with your title and ad because sorry not visiting you haha I did see a couple of reviews that mention great location great restaurants.  Don't make a guest dig to figure about why good we are all to lazy haha

If you have a low rental rate that does effect Airbnb placement.  Turning on Instabook I do here and there.  I usually set my minimum notice higher 3  or 4 days.

It is not a duplicate listing if you do a new listing of 2 rooms for families   Using new host discount gets that listing on top but casually mention you have  1 room  listings

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

@Polly164 Your listing looks beautiful. Only thing I’ll echo what someone said already. 
1. you can unlist the room for a few days or even a week and listing it again so it appears as a new listing. 
2. change the order of pictures or retake new pictures 

3. consider changing the booking request to making it instant booking to widen your crowd because some people might be using filters to eliminate homes that need a request. 

4. If possible, you can also add a travel guide to your listing highlighting what is special in your area for guests who visit. 

good luck and I hope it works out. 
Rosaline. 

Polly164
Level 5
Geelong, Australia

Just adjusted the link slightly: airbnb.com.au/h/geelonggardenroom 

Apologies but I do not seem to be able to edit the original post.