Long spring stays - how to attract?

TamaraAndSteve0
Level 3
Vancouver, Canada

Long spring stays - how to attract?

Hi

Every spring, we have a multiple week stay at our country home, but not this year.

Has anyone else noticed a shift in this?  We are on the Sunshine Coast, Canada.

We have lowered prices, and are trying to figure out why such a lull.

April 24 - May 15 and May 20 - June 24 are still open, which is unusual.

We are looking for suggestions and searching for options for Fine Craft Cedar Post and Beam House.

Thanks,

Tamara

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @TamaraAndSteve0 

Have you had any more bookings since you posted this?

I had a look at your listings and your Fine Craft Cedar Post and Beam House is truly spectacular!  

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@TamaraAndSteve0  I'm always amazed at posts like this from hosts. How can a host not understand that the travel industry is dynamic, not static. You are asking this question of hosts from all over the world, with accommodations that differ from yours in many ways: size, amenities, geographic location, etc. 

Travel trends can be affected by so many things: inflation, Covid, prices, natural disasters, market saturation, etc. Lowering prices is not always the answer. The lull may be just a lull, and has nothing to do with your prices. 

If you're truly worried about it, step up your marketing on social media and other platforms. Whatever happens is largely out of your control. 

I never lower my prices. There's a value to what I offer and that value doesn't change. I'd rather my property be unbooked than offer it for less than it's worth. 

Kia