Managing someone elses property

Leanne1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Managing someone elses property

I have my own Airbnb listing that is very successful.  I  have been asked to manage a friends apartment.

Where I would do all communciation, meet and greet.  Manage the cleaners, arrange clean linen, purchase Tea, Coffee, soap etc.

I would get paid a commission percentage of the tarif.  

What is the best way to do this, so it is seperate from my listing.

Hope some one can help me.

199 Replies 199

Hi jean.. I am in the same spot.. I do not want her property monies on my IRS info as it is not mine.  Did you complete this process and was it easy enough? 

Ivette7
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi there, 

I am really interested to help manage someones airbnb.

Do you have any advise as to where can I find people that are seeking for someone to host their rentals? I would love to manage someones property aroudn my area.

@Ivette7 Hi where are you based? 

Contact me though my site entrusted neighbor and ill see if I can help [link hidden]

Regards 

James

Hello James,

I have recently been asked to set up and manage an airbnb for someone else who doesn't have an account. I've tried getting as much information from airbnb as I could directly, but I am still unsure what the best method is. I understand the co-host method (which airbnb suggested) but this person doesn't have an account and the understanding is that I will do everything for him and get paid a percentage. What would you suggest I do? Create it as my own listing? What about the insurance if something goes wrong with a guest etc? Thank you for any help you can provide... Olga.

Hi Olga, what percentage did you negotiate for yourself with you doing everything? I assume you do everything from cleaning, maintenance, booking everything. What was the percentage you get? I'm in a similar situation and trying to understand what the market should be

Hi James I live in Adelaide and would like to chat with you more on how to manage other people's properties with Airbnb and eventually become my full time occupation 

please ring me on *

kind regards 

bev 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']

Janett2
Level 2
Main Beach, Australia

Hi James you seem particularly savvy on this subject and I would like to know the best way for me to set up a listing If the owners want to be totally hands free and don't want to actually set up a listing, can I do that and make myself primary host and them cohost (meaning money would come to me and I would then forward on to them less of course the commission) more like an agent of a full time rental.  

Also is it possible to sync calendars so owners can see what has been booked and what days are available.  I tried to look up your website entrusted neighbours but couldn't access. 

Look forward to your help 

Janett

Hello Ivette – I am looking to do the same thing! I live in the United States. Have you had any luck? Or do you have any ideas you could give me to help me find someone who might be interested? Thank you so much! Lisa 

Hello Lisa,

How are you , I have been managing  5 airbnb accounts for the last year. I can help you if you still need someone with experience, I do 24/7 support.

Best Regards John

here my number [phone number hidden]

Hi Ivette,

I manage 2 airbnb properties in Adelaide plus 1 for my sister. It's quite difficult to find people to manage for but the ways I have been searching include;

a. advertising on gumtree/facebook

b. advertising on your own website

c. getting friends or family to purchase property to manage

Good luck!

Joanna151
Level 1
Noosa Heads, Australia

Hi Andy I have been Aibnb our place for 3 years but someone has asked me to manage their property,they have never done aibnb before,so how do I set it up so the money goes into their bank account and then they pay me a percentage?Thanks for your time

Kind Regards 

Jo

James167
Level 2
Australia

Hi

Here is what I would do

First part is to set up the account

- Login to your email and refer your friend (for your 1st booking you'll get a small payment from airbnb)

- What he would have to do is sign up, create a new listing (it only needs to be basic). Once the listing has been created he would need to ask you to be a co-host. As a co-host, you can also control the listing and you will both be able to see and respond to messages. 

- As the co-host I would go over the listing and make sure it is correct and ready to go live.

Second is how to manage it, this is really up to you as there are many ways I'll give you some ideas

- Meet and greet - I like to meet and greet in person and find out their story, however, you don't have to you could put a key in a lock box and give them the pin to check themselves in.

-Manage the cleaners - You could use a system like tokeet.com and set up automatic triggers, for example when a guest creates a new booking, it sends an email to the cleaner, with the check-out date, asking them if they can clean on that date.

-arrange clean linen, purchase Tea, Coffee, soap etc - Ideally, if you get a good cleaner they can do all this, however, this can prove a challenge so be prepared to do it yourself

"I would get paid a commission percentage of the tarif. " - The host of the listing can set it up so that you get a % of each booking, for example, co-host gets 10% and the host gets 90%.

Hope this helps 

Regards 

James 

Entrusted Neighbor

I have been approached by someone to host their property. I really like the option that airbnb gives for co-host % and cleaning costs sharing. However, the person who wants me to host their property does not want the messages going to their phone and email. 

They wish to be hands-off and have me host when my SuperHost status comes in July 1st. 

@Stacey27

I believe they can just change the settings to turn off text and email notifications and as a co-host, you would have access to all of his messages associated with the unit you're co-hosting.

M-and-I0
Level 7
Hong Kong

You can either create a listing, or have your friend post his hosting under his own account and then add you as a co-host. In which cause, you would be able to access everything and do all communications, but the listing does not belong to you and the reviews are only associated with the property, rather than with you (I don't know if this has been changed but this is how it was when I last checked).