Manually Blocking Rooms & Linked Calendars

Answered!

Manually Blocking Rooms & Linked Calendars

Hi all,

My property has two rooms which have separate listings. I also have another listing for the entire cottage . The room calendars are linked to the calendar for the entire cottage. What I have observed is that the cottage does not get marked as unavailable if I manually block dates for one of the rooms. Is this a bug in Airbnb or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Shyam

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shyam0 This is not a bug and the system is designed to work this way. The reason for this is that you might want, in high season, to block the listings for each room hence targeting the whole cottage listing.

If you haven't already done so I would urge you to switch on pro tools in your account. By doing this you get the multi calendar which makes it very easy to see what is booked, what is blocked and what is available.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shyam0 This is not a bug and the system is designed to work this way. The reason for this is that you might want, in high season, to block the listings for each room hence targeting the whole cottage listing.

If you haven't already done so I would urge you to switch on pro tools in your account. By doing this you get the multi calendar which makes it very easy to see what is booked, what is blocked and what is available.

@Mike-And-Jane0 , thanks for your reply! If I get a booking for a room via an external channel, I'd need to block both the room and the cottage? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks

Shyam

@Shyam0 You can link the Airbnb calendar to other websites but if its a private booking then you just need to block the dates yourself. Just be careful as Airbnb works on nights so you need to think which night people are staying not which day.