Max occupancy?

Caleb103
Level 2
Boston, MA

Max occupancy?

Hi, 

I've been listing my place at 8 people. It's three bedrooms and technically can sleep 8 because of the bunk bed in one of the rooms in addition to a full. It's really intended for a couple of families though or a few couples, not 8 single people crammed in for a party night, which 8 seems to attract for some reason. I'm concerned about the wear and tear on the house and septic so have just dropped it to 6 people max... Obviously time will tell but will those really hurt my bookings? I think having a higher cost per couple frankly isn't a bad thing either... Gives people more of a sense of ownership. I charge $295 a night btw. 

2 Replies 2

Air B&B policy is to only count over 12 months as a person - the Fire Marshall in our area, counts heartbeats - we have a strict rule for how many people our units will sleep and that is how many people we allow to stay in the unit. I also make them put names and ages of each guest listed out on our rental agreement. IF we discover the guests are trying to bring or in a few cases, they have brought more people in - we make the extra people leave - 

as I have explained to everyone, including Air B&B - you may not count heartbeats or people but the Fire Marshall and my atty do - I'm not going to be sued, if there is a fire, and I am sued, for allowing them to bring in air mattresses for the extra people to sleep on. 

That has ended this issue on too many people. the camera on the door also helps with that - so we can see how many people actually ck in the unit.  

Thanks, I can sleep 8 based on beds available my question is moreso whether I shouldn't because of the wear and tear etc and if so whether that'll really hurt bookings.