Netflix account

Answered!
Audrey7
Level 2
Otranto, Italy

Netflix account

Hi there 

I rent my holiday home in southern Italy - I have Netflix available do guests use their own account ? Or, is it better if I have a Guest account from my Netflix? 

1 Best Answer
Audrey7
Level 2
Otranto, Italy

Thank you for all your replies - I’ll leave it as I have currently, guests log in with their own account. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Audrey7,

I use Roku which guests put in their own password when they check in. This system has never been a problem. 
I was not aware that Netflix had a Guest option. 
My concern using my own password is guests buying movies, etc. that I have read about. That has the potential to cause a huge bill with renting fees. 
Bettye6

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Audrey7 

I use Roku streaming stick. It is flawless with 4k streaming, if internet speed is good. 

With Roku you can set up guest accounts with streaming services such as Netflix which I do. My listing is a guest apartment so can have up to 3 users. With Roku you can set the parental controls so that guest can access the streaming service, Netflix in this case, and not make any other changes or charges. I also have Direct TV and the same thing, set parental controls and that TV has access to watch DTV but can't buy moves, change subscription,  etc. 

I put in the guest guide how to use it. Roku is very simple to use and no complaints. It's great to hear that just that works for other host, and guest can sign into their own streaming services, which they do, but you can set up access to guest accounts with parental controls and also offer guest access to Netflix, DTV, Sling, Youtube TV, etc.. which I have all used while hosting. On Netflix I created "Airbnb Guest" user that they choose. (but guest can't order movies or make any changes to the account) 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Audrey7 Almost everyone has their own streaming services, and I see no reason to supply this to them. They have their own preferences, watch lists, etc. 

i mention in my check-in message that they should be sure to have their log-in information available, and I've never had a complaint. 

I have a Roku TV with many channels, and they simply log in to what they want to watch. Don't waste your money, but do remind them to have their log-in credentials available when they stay. 

Hi there,

For the best guest experience, it's a good idea to provide a Guest account on Netflix. This way, your guests can easily access the service without needing to log in with their own accounts. It’s more convenient for them and ensures they can start watching right away.

Rather than just typing in their own credentials and accessing their own watchlists and profiles? 

I don't agree that your suggestion is "the best guest experience."

What about all the other streaming channels available these days. Should a host subscribe to all of them to offer to guests? 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Audrey7 

I provide Netflix with the villa. It has its own account. There are 4 TVs, all have Netflix built in.

We have many different nationalities booking our villa. I have 5 profiles set up, English, German, Spanish, Dutch, and French (and each profile defaults to that language).

Guests prefer to press a button and go. That's what this provides. They seem to like it, and I haven't had any problems. It's a small cost considering what they pay to stay there.

Also, they don't know my account and password, so they can't download movies to their iPAD on our account, so that's never been a problem. 

Occasionally, we've had guests log in to Netflix on one of the TVs using their own username and password, and so we have to check that with each guest turnover, but it's a small thing, and it's very rare.

We're in the hospitality business, and this is simply, hospitable. And together with other "hospitalities" we provide,  it also leads to nice reviews.

Audrey7
Level 2
Otranto, Italy

Thank you for all your replies - I’ll leave it as I have currently, guests log in with their own account.