New Host in Alaska

New Host in Alaska

I listed my downstairs unit recently and would like someone to review it for me as I cannot seem to get any views on it.  I plan on posting updated pictures but cannot do it until my monthly renter leaves this spring.  I just need to know if it can be searched and does it look okay?  Thanks in advance and I appreciate any feedback.

1 Reply 1

Hi @Shannon1023 

Welcome to the community!

Just took a quick look at your listing. You calendar is blocked until May, so that may be affecting your visibility in guest searches. A few suggestions:

Price

Did a quick review of other listings and you see your place is priced much higher? Essentially you have a basement apartment within your home is that correct?. Other listings that are an entire home are listed for much less than yours? I would take some time and look at what other similar listings are priced at and adjust your price accordingly. 

Photos

You mentioned you wanted to improve your photos but are waiting for a longer term renter to leave. Suggest about 25-35 photos. I would definitely highlight how close you are to the river. Can you see the river from the listing? Right now you have no photos of the view?  I would take a photo of the river view (if you have one) and make that your cover photo. Your cover photo is what gets guests to stop scrolling and click your thumbnail. Water photos do very well as a cover photo, but don't use one if the river can't be viewed from the property. Be sure your photos are good quality (not blurred or tilted).

Title

I would change your title to something about the river. "--min walk to Kenai River" or "Riverview Getaway" something like that. Not everyone likes to bird watch, but most guests love a water view. I would keep the eagle photo as one of your top 5 photos though.

Let us know how it goes!