New listing - Not showing up in search

Answered!

New listing - Not showing up in search

Hi all!  I am new to hosting and I finished my listing yesterday (about 24 hours ago).  I can see my listing when I'm signed in as myself but I cannot when I go incognito or without being signed in.  My sister cannot find the listing either - even when she zooms in on the very specific area that would only have 1-2 units.

Does anyone have suggestions?  I did do instant book since I saw that might part of the reason.  All help is appreciated!!!!!

Top Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Talia1108 

The keyword is : patience

The link i sent you still does not give a result, so please wait....

If after another 12 hours still no result, something is wrong.

View Top Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Emiel1
Level 10

@Talia1108 

Your listing i not yet in the search system, you need to wait until this link shows a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=57825325&map_toggle=true

Thank you.  Do you know what could cause the delay?  Did I do something wrong?  Is there something else I need to do to get it to show in the search system? 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Talia1108  It's there now.

Thanks!  What am I doing wrong then?  When I do a search for "Sherman Oaks" with no filters and zoom into my direct area, my listing does not show up. (A few others do though.) I appreciate your help!  I'll get the hang of this eventually.  🙂

Candice174
Level 2
Virginia, United States

Can't find my listing as well.  Also, both the app and website browser for airbnb seems to be 'off'.  I can't seem to get the per night charge accurate.....it's almost like it changes all by itself and comes up with wacky per night totals by itself. 

Also, when I try to sign in or even do a simple search it says 'something went wrong try back later'.....it's been like that for days

Emiel1
Level 10

@Candice174 

Your listing is not in the search system (yet)

If you  published it within last 24 hours, you need to wait until this link gives a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=41866831&map_toggle=true

It came up on the search that @Emiel1  sent out!  Thanks community!  

@Candice174  - I'm a total novice also but you might have smart pricing on?  That would change the price automatically.

Yeah, I ensured I turned that off.  I don't like it.  Thank you!!

Meaning, yes, I know about the smart pricing.  It is not activated and it is still wacky...

Ohh snap!  That link only worked because I was logged in.  When did it on an incognito browser and it didn't show up again. 

Why can I only see it when i'm logged in?  What am I doing wrong?  Who do I contact?

@Candice174  - I hear ya!  I don't understand 95% of what goes on.  

Emiel1
Level 10

@Talia1108 

The keyword is : patience

The link i sent you still does not give a result, so please wait....

If after another 12 hours still no result, something is wrong.

I have the same problem.  I created my listing on 26 July (yesterday).  I can send a link to friends and they can get to it but when searching as though I were a potential guest, it does not appear.

Kesh171
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone I’m Kesh and just recently posted a listing in ATLANTA, GA yesterday and am not able to see my listing. Also Airbnb keeps asking me to “finalize my availability and settings before guest book my place” I have already did that step. Am I doing something wrong? 02260D30-2405-48B8-B11F-CFCB2842BC94.png