New to BB Hosting - Is it Usually Quiet at First?

Tammy712
Level 2
Parksville, Canada

New to BB Hosting - Is it Usually Quiet at First?

Hello!

I listed my cabin about 3 weeks ago and within 2 days I had 3 bookings from the new listing discount.  Since then, I havent heard anything.

I lowered my price, added discounts and turned on smart pricing.

I am wondering if Air BB highlights new listings somehow and now I am not as visible?  

I am thinking of redoing my write up and taking some new pictures.  I would love any feedback.  Thank you!!

9 Replies 9
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Tammy712 ,

yes you are right, Airbnb highlights new listings. If you want to become more visible I would suggest you to turn off "This Host is only accepting guests with 3 or more trips on Airbnb for their first reservation" 😉

good luck!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Oh gotcha.  I selected experienced guests. Thanks!

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

P.S. very nice cabin! @Tammy712 

Thank you 🙂

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Tammy712 

I would suggest also is it a Guest Suite or Cabin?  To me describes 2 different things and you have a very limited description so confusion of what I am renting?

The house is the orginal cabin that has a guest suite.  Its been parced into 2 private areas.  Would you suggest one or the other? 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Tammy712, I am tagging @Marie8425 and @Andrea6232 here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

My definition of Guest suite is more like a portion of the Host's house self contained but not an actual separate unit  Host and Guest usually have the ability to access each other's space.  They don't but just a hallway or something divides.  

I would try more like an apartment,  Describe in your description off your main house where you live.  

If the house is a cabin some exterior shots of that  People love cabins you did so well   on your space you have to show how it relates Haha.  Looks like a modern apartment which is good  We all love cabins but want to sleep well lol

@Marie8425 

That makes sense. It is a guest suite.  I’ll  add some better definition in the description as it is light like you mentioned and some exterior shots. Thank you!