New to hosting. Please critique our new listing.

Kendall12
Level 2
Nashville, TN

New to hosting. Please critique our new listing.

Hello! We are excited to be joining the hosting community. We have been traveling with the airbnb community for several years now and have decided to become hosts. An interior designer by trade but a treveler at heart we wanted to mesh the two worlds so we could travel more. 

We started this conversation in order to introduce ourselves as well as getting the experienced communitie's opinions on our listing. We understand that experienced hosts have alot more insight than guests and we care alot about your opinions. 

To look at our listing click HERE!

Also we have a website we created for the listing. Click HERE!

We live in Nashville, TN and have been married for 10 years. We have been all over the globe and stay at an airbnb everytime. We really do see the value of staying with hosts and won't ever stay in a hotel again. My wife has her own interior design business that I recently joined, full time, in order to manage the rapid growth that she has had. We feel like we are adding value to the hosting community with Kendall's design asthetic, my business background, and the understanding that you have to bring something to the table if you want to eat at it. 

If you have any questions about home interiors then we have you covered. 

That about sums it up and we look forward to hearing your opinions about our listing and will be very active in the community. 

Thanks,

Kane and Kendall

46 Replies 46

Hi Kendall!

I really appreciate you took the time to check out my listing.

The first picture, I saw an review many listings in Tokyo and it looks like a trent here.

I guess future guest coming to Japan are very specific and what they want.

I will follow your advice and I will write some captions in the picture.

Thank you for the comment on the last picture, actually my friend took that picture and he also helped me with the pictures around the house.

I will also see to put more colors in the house. It is brand new and I was a little worried to put more details because of how guests can treat the house. I read so many Airbnb stories that I was worried about that.

Once again thank you for taking the time and if you come to Tokyo let me know!

Mirtha 

Hey @BedandStay0 hope you are doing well. I don't know if you if listen to podcasts but Kand and I are big into them. Once we started this Airbnb adventure we have been listening too Get Paid For Your Pad podcast and has some really great insights to maximize your listing. We listen to it when we're in the car or working at home. Alot of the suggestions I gave you came from this podcast. 

I was thinking the first picture was a trend in Tokyo. The captions really will help. 

You are correct in being worried about putting nicer items in the house to bring some color in. We were worried as well but we think of it as a calculated risk. For every bad story you hear about bad guests I guarantee there are 10 other hosts that had great experiences. People in general only write about bad experiences and not about the good ones. I believe this is true in the Airbnb community as well. Be smart with what you pick to liven up the place. Look at it from an investment perspective. Don't get emotionally attached knowing that some day it could get stolen or broken. As @Kelly149 said "Hope for the best prepare for the worst" In general I believe this way of thinking helps you to enjoy the process so much more. 

Hope the listing is going well 😉

Regards,

K & K