No longer staying at AIRBNB and cannot cancel or change the reservation

Kinsleigh0
Level 2
Greer, SC

No longer staying at AIRBNB and cannot cancel or change the reservation

I’ve been staying at this Airbnb for months. I booked it for over a year. I found somewhere to live and tried to cancel or change the reservation with a months notice. However, im unable to make any changes to the reservation whatsoever. I keep getting error messages. Support has the same issue. Soon I will be charged another 900$ and I’m not there. The Airbnb has been vacant for a while now. The host and I have both called and messaged for over a month now trying to find any resolution but nobody has been any help whatsoever. They all keep saying they can’t figure out the problem and have to “escalate it” to support. They close all the online cases before any resolution has been made, and the phone calls have been no help either. I don’t know what to do anymore. Is there a corporate number to call? Should I look into legal help? I cant afford to pay 900$ a month for a place I’m no longer staying at. This is causing me a lot of anxiety. 

2 Replies 2
Elena4354
Level 5
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Kinsleigh0 , if your reservation is still active and you can't send the reservation alteration request due to technical issue ask your host to send you reservation alteration request proposing your new dates and the price you agreed.

You will need to accept the request and the reservation will be changed.

Kind regards.

Elena

Hello! Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the host has tried as well and it’s still the same issue for both of us either way. Even when I contact support they have the same issue. Im at a loss