Not accepting children or pets

Answered!
Ann32229
Level 2
Driffield, United Kingdom

Not accepting children or pets

Our settings are for no children under 12 or pets. Yet people are searching for properties which accept children and pets, and our property is coming up in their search. They are even making bookings. How can I stop this? Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have similar restrictions and rarely have people inquiring who have children/pets so not quite sure why this is happening to you @Ann32229 

Do you make it clear up front in your listing description that your place is not suitable for children/pets.

Do you use IB, if so perhaps restrict to only those with positive reviews and have everyone request to try and help weed out those with unsuitable bookings.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

It is most definitely not discrimination if having having a guest's pet on your property affects your business!

We had a guest a few years ago who asked me where and how our linens are laundered and stored as she was so badly allergic to cats and dogs.

We dont allow our 3 cats and dog into our guests houses to protect our guests with allergies. So we never allow a guest to bring a pet with them. We are not discriminiating against anyone! We are protecting future guests and our business.