Optimizing listing

Answered!
Idowu-Peter0
Level 2
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Optimizing listing

Hi Airbnb community; I want to request for simple and economical way of optimizing my listings not only for returns or high occupancy rate but and most importantly memorable experience for guests. I've never used Airbnb as a guest but the cozy, serene and refreshing feeling you have when you enter your booked hotel room and gives you unforgettable experience. This is how I was everyone that visit my apartments to feel.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1231192408525009063?source_impression_id=p3_1725658948_P3uriviHEl6PEit6  

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1231149719629222623?source_impression_id=p3_1725658974_P34fNbv2oHF2SApJ 

Bhumika_0-1725658972222.png

[Content modified by Community Manager]

1 Best Answer
Dimitrios115
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello @Idowu-Peter0 ,

Well done for your two listings and keep up the good work!

I agree with you, the sense of cleanliness is on of the most highly appreciated aspects for guests when arriving to a listing. Added to that, in my opinion, it is important to feel "at home" and providing a unique space and experience that will differentiate from a generic hotel room. Personalizing the space at your taste, adding some color (on the walls, fabrics) and a few decorative items can do a lot of difference. 

Regarding your second listing "Stunning View of Skyline and Burj Khalifa", adding a few plants at the balcony/patio can really transform your space framing the Dubai center view and make it stand out. Regarding the description I think that it's more than positive to mention and even give more details about the shared amenities of the pool, hot tub, gym. The text of the first listing seems a bit more attractive to me. Choosing the 5 strongest photos representing equally the different spaces of the listing seems wise. Avoid repeating photos among these five and generally. The first picture selection is crucial. choosing a wide angle of your space framing the view with some plants and the adequate lighting can make can make your listing's cover pretty attractive. Having the bed sheets impeccably made and fluffy towels on it can give a very welcoming image and the "hotel-like" atmosphere you wish to have. You may add some color, a few wise chosen items (promoting local culture and aspects) and certainly a few plants.

For both listings you may think of making a travel guide book (on your listing page) suggesting to your guests places of interest, restaurants, bars, adventures and watersports and generally some of the things you would suggest them doing when in Dubai, Yala 🙂

For the first listing now, "Breathtaking Canal View Apartment", my few comments for the second listing can apply here as well. Added to that, regarding the amenities, I have noticed that "Essentials" and "hot water" (usually not necessary in the region and water may already flow hot, but still) seem not being included, as they do for your other listing. Could you do something for that, including these two essentials as well?

Wishing you a great success and luck through your hosting experience

Regards, Dimitris

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Elise693
Level 2
Hillsborough Township, NJ

@Idowu-Peter0 I agree!  I want guests to feel like guests not tenants.  I leave a gift basket with wine, chips, salsa and salt water taffy (we’re at the Jersey shore).  I also leave a welcome packet with a sign that says “welcome to your beach house” and has the wifi password.  Before they arrive I send them a note with their code and anything special going on in town during their stay.  I no longer do linens but great sheets and towels also make a difference. Hope this helps and good luck! Lisa

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2

@Elise693 thanks for sharing your magic that makes your listing stands out. Much appreciated.

Emir190
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi there! A great way to enhance both your guests' experience and your returns is to focus on small, thoughtful details. Keep your space clean, cozy, and well-decorated, with personal touches like welcome notes or local snacks. Invest in quality bedding and towels for comfort, and ensure clear communication before and during the stay. You can also highlight unique local experiences or offer recommendations to make their visit memorable. Combining these with a competitive price will help optimize your listing for both guest satisfaction and occupancy!

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2

@Emir190 thanks for sharing.

Frederick153
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @Idowu-Peter0 !

Creating a memorable guest experience is such a great aim. One effective way to achieve that is by providing a well-organized and thoughtful welcome book. It’s a simple addition that can make a big difference—guests appreciate having all the essential information and local tips in one handy place.

For those looking to make this process easier, there are some excellent, ready-to-use welcome book templates available online. You might want to search for " templacity vacation rental welcome book templates"—there are some great resources out there that are both user-friendly and affordable.

Best of luck with optimizing your listing!

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2

@Frederick153 thanks for the information. About the welcome book and the template you suggested, where do I get them. On Airbnb resources or google?

Sure @Idowu-Peter0 Here's a website that have some pretty good templates templacity that you can easily customize for your own apartment aesthetic, then you can send it to your guests either via pdf before their arrival or print it and put it at the entrance (I recommend both)

Dimitrios115
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello @Idowu-Peter0 ,

Well done for your two listings and keep up the good work!

I agree with you, the sense of cleanliness is on of the most highly appreciated aspects for guests when arriving to a listing. Added to that, in my opinion, it is important to feel "at home" and providing a unique space and experience that will differentiate from a generic hotel room. Personalizing the space at your taste, adding some color (on the walls, fabrics) and a few decorative items can do a lot of difference. 

Regarding your second listing "Stunning View of Skyline and Burj Khalifa", adding a few plants at the balcony/patio can really transform your space framing the Dubai center view and make it stand out. Regarding the description I think that it's more than positive to mention and even give more details about the shared amenities of the pool, hot tub, gym. The text of the first listing seems a bit more attractive to me. Choosing the 5 strongest photos representing equally the different spaces of the listing seems wise. Avoid repeating photos among these five and generally. The first picture selection is crucial. choosing a wide angle of your space framing the view with some plants and the adequate lighting can make can make your listing's cover pretty attractive. Having the bed sheets impeccably made and fluffy towels on it can give a very welcoming image and the "hotel-like" atmosphere you wish to have. You may add some color, a few wise chosen items (promoting local culture and aspects) and certainly a few plants.

For both listings you may think of making a travel guide book (on your listing page) suggesting to your guests places of interest, restaurants, bars, adventures and watersports and generally some of the things you would suggest them doing when in Dubai, Yala 🙂

For the first listing now, "Breathtaking Canal View Apartment", my few comments for the second listing can apply here as well. Added to that, regarding the amenities, I have noticed that "Essentials" and "hot water" (usually not necessary in the region and water may already flow hot, but still) seem not being included, as they do for your other listing. Could you do something for that, including these two essentials as well?

Wishing you a great success and luck through your hosting experience

Regards, Dimitris

Idowu-Peter0
Level 2

@Dimitrios115 thanks a million for this detailed information.