Out of town workers

Out of town workers

How do I get more out of town workers 

3 Replies 3
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Shari-R0, this is a great question. Have you also considered asking this question in our "Local Host Clubs" (if there are any available near you)?

Let me know!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

I asked my daughter. She is what they call a Boomer, a union worker who works around the country helping other union locals. She is a structural ironworker and her contracts are usually 3 months. She completely uses AirBnB but as she is scrolling she looks for hosts that straightaway stay Great place for traveler workers  or Commuter Friendly. Also once the word gets out they all communicate with each other on where to stay, etc. Plus the obviously they look for the best deals as they sometimes split say a 2 bedroom space to save $$.

She has used Google to find a job in Austin, TX. She placed in the search box AirBnB Traveler/Worker Friendly and she said they just pop up.

Hope this helps.

Bettye6

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Shari-R0 

The first thing to research is your location a market for out of town workers.  Your area market not you directs your bookings.  In Hawaii, I had a few but the majority of m market was tourists for over 13 years.  Then we bought in the n ever heard of Buckeye AZ.  Not because of Airbnb actually my husband thought I was crazy signing up again because the Buckeye main attraction is a new Costco. lol

I researched the market.  Buckey is close and more developed city to like the Nuclear Power Facility that brings in contract workers for regulares scheduled assignments every year.  The area is near where a lot of business and residential construction is occurring construction companies also bring in a lot of contract workers usually higher skilled people that they need for a period of time not everyday. 

Also Federal construction is a good resource because when involved with a Federal Contract th companies usually receive Federal Incentives for training people to be high skilled construction workers.

If you have the potential market, then you work on the next item, your listing having the keywords to be a result in searches and then your rental highlighting why you have created the perfect 2 or 3 month stay.