Partnering with local business

Answered!
Jim1836
Level 2
Sunbury, OH

Partnering with local business

Hello, I have a question for the group. I want to promote a girls night out to include a local spa & nail salon partnering with local businesses. How would you do this through your listing , because it wouldn't apply to every guest booking, or would you have to host an experience separately and how would you include lodging with that?  ( It won't help me if they get their nails done and don't stay the night). I would like to do more of these scenarios to help small business and increase bookings. The possibilities are endless if I can find the right path. Thanks for the help!

1 Best Answer
Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 2
Coimbatore, India

Very viable option to tie up, promote and add value to your hosting. Every action/ idea has its pros and cons. I see more of benefits for guests who are open, practical and willing to explore. Of course they would trust your recommendations if they trust to stay with you. You should proceed based on a personal, well rounded market/ product analysis and I’m sure you will help guests enjoy the experiences. You can tweak the product based on guest feedback-  In turn helps the local business build.  It should be a win win situation for you, the local business and your guest. This can again prove that you genuinely look forward to care and engage your guests. But of course it’s an option and not a compulsion for the guests. My best wishes for your attempt. Happy hosting 🤩

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22

I'm new to Airbnb however I have listed special extras like morning yoga by the pool with so n see o at an additional fee . Or  girlfriends week away? How Abt a spa day, nails, message, yoga, all can be arranged for an additional fee.

I don't know if that works for what your trying to accomplish. 

Gail638
Level 2
Rolling Hills, CA

Not sure what you mean. 🤔 

@Jim1836 
We are new to the platform and looking to create ways to drive traffic to our location as well. I do like your idea and believe there is away to accomplish this with effective partnerships. How to connect it to your listing is a mystery to me, but I am researching that too. Keep you posted.

Dennis986
Level 1
Kilifi, Kenya

Hi jim1836

Am new in Airbnb hosting but I like the idea of connecting the guests to the service providers within my locality. But it's also good to let the guest understand that whatever happens to them out there is not your fault. Just to avoid bad reviews.

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 2
Coimbatore, India

Very viable option to tie up, promote and add value to your hosting. Every action/ idea has its pros and cons. I see more of benefits for guests who are open, practical and willing to explore. Of course they would trust your recommendations if they trust to stay with you. You should proceed based on a personal, well rounded market/ product analysis and I’m sure you will help guests enjoy the experiences. You can tweak the product based on guest feedback-  In turn helps the local business build.  It should be a win win situation for you, the local business and your guest. This can again prove that you genuinely look forward to care and engage your guests. But of course it’s an option and not a compulsion for the guests. My best wishes for your attempt. Happy hosting 🤩

Deanna195
Level 2
Stuart, FL

Hi Jim

There is a lot of valuable information and I agree, if a service is part of their stay with you there is a potential of negative reviews if the service doesn't meet their standards.  I have reached out to the community for discount coupons and provide them to all guests.

Deanna

Please reply and let us know how your girls night out goes, what you did, what worked, and what you would do to improve the next time!

My place stays pretty booked without that. I am having a hard time keeping up, so personally, I would not consider it.