Peak season and barely any bookings? Please help

Answered!
Margie-And-Rube0
Level 2
Lennox Head, Australia

Peak season and barely any bookings? Please help

I can see we’re getting lots of views but not many bookings.. appreciate any suggestions.

https://abnb.me/mQk0yRSL2xb

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you done any market research around demand and supply for your sort of listing in your area. Many areas are facing over saturated marketings and falling demand due to the recessions take place in many countries @Margie-And-Rube0 

Make sure you list on relevant platforms for those guests you have identified as your target customers and you can invest in setting up channels for direct bookings. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you done any market research around demand and supply for your sort of listing in your area. Many areas are facing over saturated marketings and falling demand due to the recessions take place in many countries @Margie-And-Rube0 

Make sure you list on relevant platforms for those guests you have identified as your target customers and you can invest in setting up channels for direct bookings. 

@Helen3 we appear to be in a saturated market/recession here in Derbyshire. The issue I wrestle with is whether or not reducing the price will get more bookings or just reduce our revenue on the bookings that are out there and coming our way whatever we do with price. 

Interesting question: IF you one is sure that a clear correlation between listings with a lower price have higher number of bookings (of equal value of course), then it does follow price is the deciding factor. Or maybe a combination of many other factors - added advertising, repeating clientele, a hybrid model of LTRs and STRs, personal usage (for family, owners, etc).

What is your pricing like compared to your competitors? @Mike-And-Jane0 ?

Price is not always the key factor.

I would say its a good idea to research other channels you can use such as advertising on your tourist board marketing channels, other STR channels and direct bookings.

I have increased my prices year by year and am in the top 25% on Airbnb for my location and type of listing. This year has already proved to be my busiest and I am getting people book much longer in advance.

Thanks Helen

So many factors and all of which you’ve mentioned.  I appreciate the feedback.