Please critique my listing - Getting guests

Priti22
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Please critique my listing - Getting guests

Please help me attract guests.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1228754761223164952?source_impression_id=p3_1724949424_P3Trkq3YjqGEtxlc 

Bhumika_0-1724949443832.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

9 Replies 9
Julian228
Level 2
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada

Hello Priti!

I think you’re on a good path. As a potential guest, I would want to see pictures of the following: Bath room, sofa bed folded out, exercise equipment (or room, if there is one), swimming pool. 

I think you got lots that you can share about your place. But the pictures you got so far are of excellent quality.

if you do get a picture of the swimming pool, make that your leading photo. 

Are there nearby activites people can engage in? Images of that would be great!

I hope this helps!

- J

Johnnine0
Level 2
Minden, NV

Maybe show more pictures? The washer/ dryer area, bathroom, the pool and outside area 

Judith872
Level 3
Boyds, MD

Hi Priti,

My initial impression is very positive based on your description of the place and the photos.  Great job.  I recommend adding a photo of the pool, the storage closet in the bedroom and provide a few pics more close up of the beautiful kitchen appliances.  

I think those additional pics will help to show your place more favorably.  

Hope this helps you. 

Judith & Jason

Hi, my suggestion would be to put up more pictures, there are no pictures of the bathroom, there needs to be more close-up pictures of the kitchen counter area the stove, the wires on the side of the couch should be put behind the couch. Otherwise, the place looks really nice and really clean

Judith677
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Looks nice. I am wondering if there are windows in the place? It would be good to show them, if so.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Priti22 

Tweak your description a little.  Remember most guests will probably not even be familiar with your country so have no idea about a neighborhood.  Saying I will have an incredible view of construction is not tempting sounds ugly and noisy.

Review your amenities it says No Essentials and No Hot Water and for your kitchen you have not identified any appliances

Hello Priti, I think you’re off to a good start with a lovely place I’d stay at. As others have said, I’d put up many more pictures of each space/ room & especially the pool & any ‘relaxing’ spaces. I’d also add a few close up of objects (eg a vase or a comfy chair or an open kitchen cupboard showing any goodies such as coffee or tea). Definitely show windows if they let in light. Something my guests really appreciate is my guidebook with tips on your favourite restaurants, shopping for groceries, cultural sites, night life & why you like about them, & suggestions on how to manoeuvre the city/country. Airbnb have a template for this. Offer tips on how to get around. 
All the best Akosua 

Joy1540
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

Hello! I agree with the others that you need more photos to show all the interior spaces, and the pool as well. 

I would like to add that the walls are empty and wound be benefit from some paintings or photographs.

I've also seen some hosts create successful accent walls by adding wallpaper on just one wall, in each room. Alternatively, decorative mirrors can accent a space. Also, don't be afraid to add more color, with throw pillows, etc. 

The space does look clean and inviting; so far, so good!

Good luck!

John8177
Level 1
Santa Clarita, CA

Hello Priti,

I don't know your market but being that it's Dubai, my assumption is that its most likely saturated. To succeed, to attract more interest, you need to stand out.

First, as a potential guest, I don't see anything in your images that would attract my interest. I would move on to the next listing. You don't stand out.

To fix this, check out other STR's in your immediate area. Look at their images and deco and see what stands out to you. Look at it from a guests perspective: Are you attracted to the property? Would you want to stay there? Why? Write down the why's. Do this for several listings (10-15 or more). Most likely your "why's" are going to be based on interior design and amenities. 

Interior design isn't hard, but mistakes are expensive. Create a powerpoint and re-design your spaces with furniture, wallpaper, artwork, etc. Don't be afraid to get a little wild. If you find top listings in your area, what do they have that you don't? Write it down, then make it better. Take things you like from several listings, combine them into yours and put your spin on them. 

For amenities, have things that everyone is offering: For example, I don't see a coffee or tea maker. Your listing doesn't mention if you have dishes, cups, glasses, blender, etc. etc. You have a washer but no dryer? (Maybe that's a thing in Dubai, I don't know). What kind of TV do you have? How big is it? Do you offer cable channels? How fast is your internet? These are all questions that you can address in the photos.

Add things no one else is offering: What if you added a record player? Maybe a full size arcade game or a playstation?  Ask yourself, what can I add that will attract my core customer?

Big thing is do you have a view? SHOW IT!! Check out this listing: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1040941889121136816?adults=1&children=0&enable_m3_private_room=true&infa...

Add information that makes me, as a guest, WANT to rent your place. The above listing makes me want to come to Dubai.