Please critique my listing - I’m struggling with getting bookings

Liudmila31
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Please critique my listing - I’m struggling with getting bookings

I’m struggling with getting bookings on my Airbnb listing despite having few good reviews yet.  Can someone provide tips on optimizing the listing for better visibility and booking rates?

🌟 Listing link: Home in Norcross · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 shared bath

[Content modified by OCM]

35 Replies 35
James2743
Level 9
Wroxham, United Kingdom

Hi @Liudmila31 

As has been said already ‘A picture pains a thousand words’ and I think you will need to get the pictures redone. A professional photographer would be good but if not take several pictures of each room and make sure the lighting is bright.

Also I am viewing this from the UK and I have no idea where Room in Norcross, Georgia, United States actually is or what there is around the area.

So I’d suggest changing your title from Bedroom 2 with a queen bed to something with a bit more information in it about the area/experience.

I’d also suggest going a bit more detailed in the about this place section. It currently reads Make some memories at this unique and family-friendly place. You could give a lot more information and paint some mental pictures about a stay at your place in here.

It looks like a good place that will work on Airbnb, you just need to grab the attention of a prospective guest when they look at the place.

Gil2650
Level 2
New York, NY

@Liudmila31 I would hire a professional photographer to take better pictures and provide a detailed description of your property, what is offered, location accessibility, and walkability. It would be best to mention nearby attractions and landmarks and proximity to public transportation.   

It would help if you also listed all the amenities that are offered.   Finally, keeping the property uncluttered is always a good idea, adding some design elements and more colors with pillows, throws, pictures, flowers on the table, etc. should make it look more inviting.

Good Luck.

Hi Liudmila31,
I would like for you to add some video also.
Would you like for us to help you as a CoHost?

Hello Luidmila

We have never critiqued a listing before; here are some of my observations:

pictures are a little dark, better positioning and professional lighting may help: ex: better lighting in bedroom and get rid of the doorknob in the picture, the lights are too bright in the kitchen picture and not bright enough in the living room, lose the towel on the floor in the laundry

dryer, hot water and essentials are not included?

write a better description of your place in the "about" section. What makes it unique, why should people stay there, what is there to do in the neighborhood, how close are you to shopping, etc

hope that helps

Ivo

Christopher47
Level 2
Plymouth, MA

@Liudmila31 Howdy!

Others have mentioned the photography and the lack of information in the “about” section. This is very important so someone feels comfortable staying in a room in your home. 

Also, I checked prices in the area. You may want to review your pricing or evaluate your expectations. Your posted rates, during a midweek stay, are equivalent to an entire apartment or home - privately. Not a shared home. 

Mid-week rates for rooms in homes were between $15-45 per night - there were some listings outside the distribution curve. I suspect the $70’ish per night rate you are asking is primarily why guests aren’t booking. I said $70’ish because for some reason it’s listed as $90 CAD - not sure why that is. It may cause some guests to question the legitimacy of the listing. 

Happy to help more if you want. Just let me know. 

Jane4627
Level 2
Granbury, TX

I'm brand new to this but as a guest, I like to know what's special about the neighborhood/area where I'd like to stay. Is it near to something special? Even grocery stores or parks are good to note. The professional photos will likely help--we have someone coming to do that next week at our place. The fee wasn't nearly as high as I would have expected.