Please critique my listing

Adrienne284
Level 1
Flagstaff, AZ

Please critique my listing

Hi there!  We've had this cottage listing for about 7 years and have steady business throughout the year, as well as many guests that return annually and absolutely love the place.  That said- we still have dry spells here and there and it also seems we should be able to raise our price, based on similar listings in the area- but we haven't been able to yet because of demand.  Our goal is to try to get consistently booked through the year, so as we prepare to open our second location, we can use traffic from our well-known and loved Superhost cottage listing to get both up and running well- and would love any thoughts or feedback on the listing!  Thank you so much!

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Adrienne284 

Beautiful property!  

Ideas 

Cover Photo nice Sauna Photo.  Instead of encouraging discounts iv your description talk about your private sauna.  

Its inexpensive I think my son ordered mine on Amazon a little fire pit I think that would be fun for couples.

Add aromatherapy machine people love calming scents.

Living room looks great but show a dining area just for 2 people.

Your market based on review is weekend getaways.  Higher priced foe weekends lower price on weekdays.

Show more pictures of things you mention in the description, hiking trails.

Don't calculate on everyday booked that isn't your market.  Figure all weekends booked and maybe half uf the weekdays booked then figure your costs and profit  wants.  Focusing on the market that loves your property rather than wasting money chasing a not good fit

Private Sauna for a couples weekend ix a big plus.

Hi Marie,

Wow, thank you for these thoughts! This is all really helpful feedback. I especially like the ideas of the aroma therapy and showing more of the hiking trails etc- and I LOVE the attitude of focusing on the right market rather than the whole market.  Thank you so much!