Please help me see whether the Wi-Fi speed test is broken

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Please help me see whether the Wi-Fi speed test is broken

I've been struggling to test the Wi-Fi speed in both of my listings since the beginning of June. I've reported the issue to both Airbnb and the external service provider, but the function still doesn't seem to work.

I find it strange that a technical problem that affects all Airbnb listings would go on for so long, and also that I seem to be the only one complaining here ... Is it maybe just me?

Can someone please confirm whether you're able to test your Wi-Fi speed and save the result to your listing? Go to amenities list, select edit, and edit the Wi-Fi speed. I can get it to go up to the point where it shows my network name and password (correctly), but I can't get it to actually run the test and save the result to my listing as it's supposed to do (and as it always used to do in the past). I have re-installed the Airbnb app and have also tried a different device without luck - is everyone experiencing this problem? 

6 Replies 6
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Shelley159

Could you please update us on whether you're still facing the same issue with your listing? As of now, we haven't come across other Hosts experiencing a similar situation. Nonetheless, I'm reaching out to some of our incredible Hosts here to see if they could kindly follow the step-by-step you've outlined and share their results on successfully testing the Wi-Fi speed: @Joan2709@Joelle43@Greystone0@Karen114 and @Patricia2526.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Shelley159 

That is strange...just had a Host a few days ago use the WiFi test just fine. Be sure you have location permissions turn on in the apps and logon to the listing WiFi first (which sounds like you are doing)? Helps to close out any other apps you have running on the phone and be close to the router. Thats all I can think of at the moment?

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Shelley159  I haven't experienced this however have experienced it going away after adding the result.  I will then get a message to add the wifi speed from Air that I have already done.  It may be an issue with my provider and we lose internt a lot in Florida so maybe there's some resetting going on in the background at Spectrum.

This past week and a half has been horrible with technology for me personally.  Everything from home internet, Nest thermostats mulfunctioning at different units, Tvs not working correctly in different properties  and then all the exterior cameras in all properties not functioning.  I am wondering if the whole Microsoft thing is having after shocks.  

Karen
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Shelley159 

Recently updated my wifi speed on the Airbnb app with no issues.  What type of phone are you using out of interest?

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Thank you so much @Joan2709 , @Joelle43@Karen114 , @Paula !

As mentioned, I understood from customer support that it was a known problem they were working on, but your replies that it should be working made me really put in an effort today and helped me to solve it at least 50% so far ...

I still couldn't find any issues with the app or settings, and this morning at check-out I still couldn't get the test to work at my one listing. At my other listing I had more time today due to a late guest arrival, so I kept at it and eventually got it to run the way it used to. I'm stumped as to why it eventually ran, but it helped a lot to know the speed test was working for others. I'm going give it another go at the other place on Sunday, thank you!

@Shelley159  Yay glad you’re making headway. What I do as well is make sure there is nothing else connected to the WiFi while running the test and I stand right in front of the router. 

Karen