Profissional Room Renter

Liliane25
Level 1
Munich, Germany

Profissional Room Renter

I heard that you can only rent rooms in a property in Italy if you are a “professional tenant”. For regular tenants, the only option is to rent the entire space. Is this true?

3 Replies 3
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Liliane25 😊

Have you managed to find this information elsewhere? 

I'll mention some Hosts from Italy here who might be able to help you: 

@Andrea6232 , @Angela1056 , @Roberto2387  and @Vincenzo89

Thank you in advance!🌞

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Vincenzo89
Level 3
Mazara del Vallo, Italy

Hello @Liliane25 ,

it's possible to rent a single room in your house without being a "professional" (which means registering a VAT number in Italy - "Partita IVA").

However, if you plan on renting several rooms, I believe it's necessary to be "a professional", which means you will need to get a "Partita IVA" and communicate this activity to your municipality.

You can find more information about this here (it's an article in Italian, but you can check if you can use Google Translate on your browser):

https://ibpost.it/finanza-immobiliare/affittare-una-stanza-della-propria-casa-a-turisti/

Angela1056
Top Contributor
Linarolo, Italy

Ciao @Liliane25 , it depends on the Region where you want to rent the room. In Lombardia you don’t need to be a professional host. 

If you want to rent a room in Bologna (Region Emilia Romagna) you must be resident and provide breakfast but as a private host you cannot publish it on online platforms like Airbnb. You can only do this if you are a professional host.
You should check the rules of your Region.