Property management company, co-host or co-host team?

Property management company, co-host or co-host team?

Hi everyone.
I'm new here and after quite a lot reading and researching I still cannot find an answer to my question. I hope you can help me.
I have the opportunity to start managing few properties for short-term rentals (with the idea the properties to become more with time) and I'm not sure what will be the best way to do that. To list them under the name of a company (this way as far as I understood Airbnb's commission will be about 14-20%), to be a co-host for each of them (this way each owner should have an account, right?) or to make a co-host team and list all the properties under that team's name (and the owners to be like co-host so they can have an access to check how the reservations go)? What are the advantages and disadvantages for each of the options? If I want to have full control (like manage prices, contact with guests, list the property, manage all the income/outcome) what should I choose?
Thank you in advance.

31 Replies 31
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nino338  I hope you are well.

I don’t think there is much you can do apart from appeal to the person who created the account to give you the login details- which I assume you’ve done without success.

I know it doesn’t help for this time- but if you hire someone in the future to set up a new account for you or you need to give a co-host access to your account to do something on your behalf that they can’t do from their co-host account, it’s a good idea to change your password after to ensure you keep overall control of the account.

Best wishes 

Paul 

Hi Paul, 

Thanks so much for the prompt response, will look into our options now.

Your speedy reply is much appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Nino