Question from a newbie host: would you prefer your guidebooks to be for your guests only?

Answered!
Erik1822
Level 1
Malmö, Sweden

Question from a newbie host: would you prefer your guidebooks to be for your guests only?

I found the guidebook function really nice but I’m not going to use it because it’s public… I would want it for my guests only, perhaps with a small teaser for everyone.

Am I alone in my unwillingness to create guidebooks for other than my guests

as a service to them…?

1 Best Answer

@Erik1822 , I do not supply an online guidebook/guestbook via Airbnb platform. I do however, supply one in the unit that contains suggestions, in addition to how to operate the air conditioner, heat, and WiFi etc….

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Erik1822 

Welcome to the Community Center!

I have rephrased your post title, just to see if it catches the eye of any of our members, so they can come and discuss this with you.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Erik1822 , I do not supply an online guidebook/guestbook via Airbnb platform. I do however, supply one in the unit that contains suggestions, in addition to how to operate the air conditioner, heat, and WiFi etc….

Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Erik1822 

Why not? I have a guidebook for my listing in Jersey City. I add onto it as I discover new things in my neighborhood and I genuinely LOVE how diverse my part of the world is and how you can find food from any remote corner of the world and I get a kick out of putting that in my guidebook. 

If someone is visiting Jersey City and stumbles upon my guidebook, I'm happy for them to see my recommendations. True, I do it for my guests' convenience, but a guidebook is not something that gets worn out by more people using it. To the contrary, I'm happy when more people see it. The mom and pop eateries I put on there get more business and that makes me happy. It doesn't actually take anything away from my guests. Also, they are pretty hard to find, even booked guests don't see it sometimes until I send them a link. 

I think you shouldn't worry too much about who gets to see your guidebook, but that it reflects the things you love about your city. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I  get great feedback on my visitor guide from my own guests and have no issues with other guests using my guide if they find it useful @Erik1822