Seeking Advice/Feedback on My Airbnb Listing

Farah148
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Seeking Advice/Feedback on My Airbnb Listing

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 12.54.54.png

Hi!  I have been a host since April, and am looking for ideas to up the appeal of my listing.  Any advice, or suggestions, would be very much appreciated! 🙂

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1108098146546843671?source_impression_id=p3_1722962456_P37tdSnx0dANy2om

9 Replies 9

Hi @Farah148 !

You have several pictures which are almost identical and do not add any new information.

The pictures are nicely lit and well composed. A beautiful place! The pictures with explanations are good in my opinion.

There is quite a lot of text and the tone is a bit cold.

You have obviously done a great job when looking at your reviews! 

@Verna57 Thank you for the feedback!  I will get rid of redundant photos, try to minimize wording, and warm the tone up.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Farah148 

I would used oned of the free tools and reword your description a bit.  Disclosing is good but unless I know your area nothing is enticing me that I will have a great experience unless I read guest reviews.

@Marie8425 Thank you for the suggestions!  I will try to re-word descriptions, to be more inviting.  But, it’s hard to figure out how to, and yet disclose everything too.

@Farah148 

A lot of us use like ChatGPT.  You can ask for ad copy and then I put my 9 million rules haha and positive comments from my revisor clean location comfortable longer stay and hit enter then I just copy and paste and even makes me solund nice haha

Ben6242
Level 2
Missoula, MT

Great photos and space.  Looks awesome.  

I agree with the others, dial the rules back and warm the tone up a bit.  Nobody cares about access to your sheds.  I suspect that you'll be able to end up with excellent guests simply by reviewing their profiles.  

Brad726
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Hi Farah, 

I think overall you've done a great job!  A couple of things re your amenities which I would highlight: 
- I had to look to see you had wifi and I would put that more upfront in your listing details along with the speed if it's high speed
- it looks like you offer a workspace, definitely highlight that as that is often something people look for

- the bed size, you have one size noted in your photographs and another in your listing, and I'm not sure what size the bed is as the nomenclature I'm used to is: single, double, twin, queen or king. 

Pictures:

- some of them feel a bit redundant as they don't really show anything more than a lot of wall and ceiling #9, #10, #12, #15 feels a bit high and the wall decoration seems misplaced, needs to be lower and moved left vs being centered on the wall, 

- you might want to try a photo in the bedroom with the bedside lamps on to give it a warm cozy feeling

- I absolutely loved the layout photo, great idea! 

- the backyard photos feel a little stark, some greenery of some sort or colour would add a lot to break up all the grey. 

thanks for giving me the opportunity, I'm going to take a better look at mine now and I know it needs improving. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Brad726 & @Ben6242 👋

It's lovely to see you both joining in conversations on the Community Center!

I'm tagging @Farah148  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Farah148 👋

I hope you don't mind, I added a photo of your listing to your post. I'm hoping that with easier access, more hosts will pop by and support you with constructive and helpful feedback. 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines