Set up rental price

Mai1941
Level 1
Aliso Viejo, CA

Set up rental price

I'm new in this business, need help, please . 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mai1941  There's a lot of very helpful hosts here willing to share their experience and knowledge with new hosts, but it's important to be clear and specific about what you'd like to know. It isn't like sending a text message. What kind of pricing help do you need? There's many aspects to pricing.

There is also a search function here, and if you enter key word, like Pricing, you will find threads that might give you useful information.

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

Hi @Mai1941  Good luck with the venture. My best advice regarding beginning this pricing game is to search your competition, decide which places are most like yours, and follow their pricing.

It's not about being the first booked place, or even the cheapest.

There are always people who want to stay on your area, and as places book out, yours will be part of it. 

The other advice is to lead with the comfortable 'Bed' photo, then the 'Bathroom' photo, and then the rest.

A photo showing the street view of your property is probably a no-no for so many reasons.. I advise you delete it asap.

Cheers, Charles

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Mai1941  Definitely some solid advice from @Charles224 there: look at your direct competition and see what their pricing is like. Also look at other websites like hotels.com and VRBO. Don't use Airbnb's recommended pricing: it's generally very low.

I took a look at your listings, and you need to do some work there. Your spaces look like they're really nice, but your photography isn't doing them any favours. The main photo for your house isn't very welcoming, and a lot of the photos are too close up and oddly framed. Try and step back as far as you can and take pictures of the rooms overall. For example, the picture of the master bedroom in your condo says there's a king bed and a large screen TV, but the pic is a closeup of a dresser. Maybe get a friend to help you out, or even pay a real estate photographer to take some shots if you're not confident. Your descriptions also need some proofing and editing. Again, maybe get a friend to give you a hand looking it over, or write it in Word then copy and paste it over.

Good luck with the hosting venture! There's a ton of help to be found here in the Community Centre.