Setting check in days for specific dates

Chris1084
Level 2
St Austell, United Kingdom

Setting check in days for specific dates

Has anyone else had this issue?  Since the latest update I am unable to set a specific check in day for specific dates in with in the custom trip length section.  During July & August I only take bookings from a Friday to Friday (as I always have done) but no longer able to set this.  Have been chatting to Airbnb customer support but I am getting nowhere

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Chris1084 have you got professional tools activated (from your account)?

Yes, I have 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Chris1084 and from your home page what do you see when you click on the calendar?

@Mike-And-Jane0  Your question has prompted me to look at the calendar page and I’ve found a whole world of availability settings etc - thank you!! 

I’m assuming that when I use this to make rule setting it overwrites the setting in ‘price & availability’ on each listing? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Chris1084 Excellent - Your issue is being experienced by lots of people so something must have changed but at least you are good to go now.

Yes a ruleset should override the settings in price and availability 

Phoebe11
Level 2
Claudy, United Kingdom

Hi Chris,

I apologise for coming late to this conversation and I appreciate that you have managed to resolve your issue by using professional tools.  I am in exactly the same position with respect to high season July and August bookings when we are always fully booked.  I  had set the 7 night minimum along with a Saturday check in and only realised yesterday that Airbnb had removed the specified check in day when I had a booking request from a Thursday mucking up the last 2 weeks I have available 😞

Having read the helpful answers on this thread I briefly turned on professional tools to investigate and found it looked somewhat scary to be honest...so deactivated it again. I have been hosting on Airbnb for 10 years and am a bit set in my ways!  The professional tools setting seems to be designed for hosts with multiple listings and I wondered if you or anyone else out there is finding it user friendly when they have just the one listing to manage.  

If I activate professional tools just to add my specified check in day for those two months will I have to start from scratch to re-set all my availability settings and prices for the rest of the year?

Like you I contacted Airbnb support first to be told that the ability to set check in days had been removed and didn't mention professional tools!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Phoebe11 The only real issue with pro tools is you get the multi calendar and then have to click on the listing name to get the normal monthly calendar. Applying a ruleset to either calendar should not affect anything else already set up in your listing.

Thanks so much that's a great help, I'll give it a go...hope it's idiot proof!