Shared home: how do you charge for more than one room?

Barbara2913
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

Shared home: how do you charge for more than one room?

I am looking to set up rental of part of my home on a beautiful lakefront. 

I have two bedrooms (sometimes more) that could be rented at the same time.  But it would be in a shared home.

How do I adjust the # of rooms available on my listing?

How do I charge when I offer more than one ROOM on certain weeks but only one room other weeks? 

Can I also offer the entire house as private home (but lock a couple of the rooms)?

Can I schedule entire home one week, one to two rooms in a shared home other weeks?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Barbara2913 Firstly you need a listing for each room that you want to offer (assuming you want to offer them to different people).

Alternatively just have multiple listings if you want to only offer the rooms to a single group of guests. So you could have a 1 bedroom shared home, a 3 bedroom shared home etc. Then just block the calendar of the one you don't want to offer.

Finally yes you can also have a whole home listing. And yes you can schedule whole home one week, 1 room the next etc.

BUT before you start switch on pro tools in your account to make managing multiple listings easy. ALSO understand that you are renting nights not days when you are blocking certain listings.

Hope this helps

Barbara2913
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

Hi This is very helpful.

I also mean, I could rent out room of two bedrooms as a house share to people in the same party. So I could accomodate 4 people staying in 2 rooms while I am there.

But I'd have to list and price adjust.