Should I delete my account and start over because of a 4.89?

Shannon1124
Level 1
State College, PA

Should I delete my account and start over because of a 4.89?

I have had a number of properties on Airbnb since 2016. I have a new one that I just put on and I haven’t gotten a single rental through Airbnb yet. I’m wondering if the 4.89 that I have because of one person from back in 2016 giving me a four on value is causing me not to get any bookings? In which case, rather than wait this out, should I just delete the account and start fresh? It seems like people are probably only searching for five star properties.

2 Replies 2
Scott2167
Level 2
Pottsboro, TX

I don't think the 4.89 will matter, that is still a respectable number and not a true reflection of the property if it was for value......being dinged for cleanliness would be a proplem.  Looking at your area, the price per night for your property is many times what other houses are going for.  I bet this is a pricing issue not a rating or write up issue.  The pictures are good.  The write up talks a lot about what has been done to the property rather than how the guests will enjoy it but I doubt that is holding back the property for booking volume.  I always say, I'd rather be booked constantly at a lower price than only periodically at a higher price.  Consider lowering the price to be more competitive for your area.

Hope this helps, Scott O

Thanks scott- I appreciate your insights so much! I’ll try dropping the price and see if that helps. I was just assuming people were only looking at 5.0 listings and that’s why im not generating any reservations. Thanks for the excellent help!