Split house or not?

Answered!
Marcy76
Level 2
Madison, IN

Split house or not?

I have a beautiful historic home on Main Street in Madison Indiana. It has the option to be a three bedroom or I could split it into a two bedroom and one bedroom and have two listings. Does anyone have an opinion on splitting a home? 

The two bedrooms would be upstairs with a full bath, separate entrance, microwave and small refrigerator. 

The downstairs would be full kitchen back patio, and one bedroom full bathroom. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Marcy76 your split is unfortunate as the 2 bed needs a kitchen more than the 1 bed. We have a 3 bed, a 2 bed and a 1 bed all in the same building and the total revenue form the 1 and 2 bed is greater than for the 3 bed.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Marcy76 your split is unfortunate as the 2 bed needs a kitchen more than the 1 bed. We have a 3 bed, a 2 bed and a 1 bed all in the same building and the total revenue form the 1 and 2 bed is greater than for the 3 bed.

Thank you for your help. The 1 bedroom is open right now and going very well. I don’t want everything to stop when I open the whole house. I may open the whole house for festivals and keep it split other times. I appreciate your feedback. Best of luck to you. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Splitting it means the balancing act of getting at least two total strangers to share one place  successfully (meaning without becoming a high-maintenance nightmare). Its great when hosting is profitable, but also fun.