Starting fall last year, my bookings have been very spotty.

Joanes1
Level 2
Washington, DC

Starting fall last year, my bookings have been very spotty.

I have adjusted the min stay, offered discounts, and ensure the price is competitive. However, my last booking was end of December. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

2 Replies 2
Amy2809
Level 2
State College, PA

Hello! 

I just became a superhost last month and just started airbnb in the fall. I live in a very competitive airbnb market and I focused on understanding my geographical competition, my listing algorithm, understanding what made my listing standout and clientele’s view/ booking habits. I picked 3 cover photos that I would interchange daily. I adjusted my title based on what people were most likely booking for until I found one that really worked. Throughout the week I adjusted something in my listing to update myself on the list to understand what cover photo got more views and really used my listing analytics. I found most people in my area book on Sundays and Wednesdays so I will adjust my cover photo to one of my 2 pictures I use on Sunday and I would evaluate if anything needs adjusted on Wednesday. I also adjusted my prices based on events, season, and day. I found most of my guests come during the weekend. Some weekends, I require a minimum of 2 nights and others only 1. I recently adjusted my weekday price to see if I could get any weekdays and I now have 2 bookings during the week. I would say it depends on your market but I would definitely rely on your analytics. Specifically, your views and wishlist additions and how they compare with your market area.

Once I became a superhost, it has helped my view count. I would make being a superhost and understanding your market and you will significantly see an improvement! 
Best Regards and I hope this helps!

-Amy

@Amy2809, many thanks for this elaborate response. I have to admit I haven't invested nearly that much effort into managing the account. I setup the listing to appeal to longer bookings because I wanted to avoid some of the headaches that come with couple-day bookings, and for the most part it was working. It's looking like I need to invest more effort in updating the settings. Again, thank you!