Struggle with my listing

Lisbeth75
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

Struggle with my listing

I start a month ago here and other platform. I’m doing a little bit better in the other one but not good to even pay house expenses. My goal in the begging was to just live the str running to give to property management but I see is longer way than expected.

I am considering website like vrbo to optimize the listing because is not even in search. I dropped prices, I know I should get profesional pictures and help with the description. How important are the pictures? I want to read other host experiences 

8 Replies 8

Hi @Lisbeth75 ,

It sounds like you're navigating the initial stages of managing your short-term rental properties. Here are a few strategies to help optimize your Airbnb and potentially other platforms like VRBO:

First, high-quality photos significantly boost bookings. They should be well-lit, neatly staged, and professionally taken to highlight your property’s best features. Consider adding personal touches like local recommendations to enhance the guest experience.

Ensure your space includes essential amenities along with pleasant surprises like high-speed Wi-Fi, streaming services, and gourmet coffee. Additionally, consider showing items that guests might enjoy during their stay, such as board games and quality cookware.

Effective Descriptions: Your descriptions should be clear, detailed, and emphasize unique amenities. Regular updates can help maintain visibility.

Second, use tools like Airbnb’s pricing recommendations or PriceLabs to analyze market trends and set competitive rates.

Third, utilizing search Optimization. Ensure your listing title uses relevant keywords and update your listing regularly to improve search placement.

Finally, Platform Diversification. Listing on multiple platforms increases exposure and attracts different guest types.

By implementing these strategies, you can improve your listing’s performance and attract more bookings.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Upfish Management

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Lisbeth75 

Pictures are important,  but in relation to what your advertising also.   When I  am offering a whole house.Guests are expecting something different then their expectations of a room in my shared house..

I  do private rooms in   my shared home in AZ  Most of my pictures are just nice pictures from my cell   phone.  Guests want to sede clean .  not   cramped,  a dresser and a tv.   That is considered atg least the basics.  Then  usually I add things as I discover from my market would be considered pluses.   Happy Guests are usually   my best advisors.   Living room pictures  arfe great but kitchen pictures  are usually more important.   Do I  have ac ess to a refrigerator,   can I make coffee,  and can I make something to eat?

Your amenities' way to low average is about 25,  include everything you  have.

If you don't have a bedroom door lock get one Guests wan t that they don't know you either

House  Rules especially in a home share have to be stated.     Guests want to  know that  it fits comfortable  with their lifestyle.Iff your house shuts down about 8pm and 8pm is when  they  are planning  dinner awkward.

Beef up  your description.     Look at  your  competitors in your  arrea   Determined your m arket   Many of us  use  like a  free tool  ChatWPT  you plug in your keywords  and kitg will write the  ad for you.  I love it.

New Host  New Listings  no reviews  I would encourage the Airbnb  discount for the  first 3 bolonios.

Hi, I love all your tips and I appreciate all of that. I’ll work to make my listing more attractive and with more amenities I know is my weakest side.

I got 4 reviews positive in Vrbo just because the first 3 guest got the discount 

Do you mean ChatGPT?

@Lisbeth75 

yes sorry doing too many things at same time lol

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you looked into demand and supply in your location for your sort of listing @Lisbeth75 many markets including Florida have oversaturated markets.

And yes do list across all relevant STR platforms and look into other advertising channels such as your local tourist board.

You are right about the supply in my market is more than normal but still super host are doing great. Thanks for all the tips 

Naomi208
Level 3
Nairobi, Kenya

Your cover photo gives guests first impressions.

Airbnb has made it simpler, easier to edit photos with photo tour tool.

To help guests imagine themselves in your space, include photos showing where they'll sleep, eat, and relax, along with interesting details. Use a mix of wide, mid-range, and close-up photos in both horizontal and vertical orientations.

Wide photos,establish the room's size and features.
Mid-range photos

highlight the main feature of the room from a straight-on perspective.
Close-up photo

showcase the room's personality, such as bedside books, with attention to detail like fluffed pillows and hidden wires.

To get quality photos engage a professional photographer.