Superhost stats: Is anyone else seeing something weird?

Answered!
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Superhost stats: Is anyone else seeing something weird?

Hello, after maintaining Superhost status for years, I lost it at the last assessment due to one 3* review (I host long term stays, so every rating really counts). Oh well, never mind...

Since then, all my guests have left 5* and I saw on my dashboard that my rating for the current assessment period (October 21 to September 22) was back up to the 4.8* requirement for Superhost and I was hopeful that I could maintain or increase this going forward.

However, yesterday I noticed my dashboard is now saying the rating is 4.6* for the same period. I haven't received any new reviews in the meantime, nor have any been removed, and anyway, the numbers don't add up. The total for guests who reviewed in that period, including the 3* review, comes to 4.769, so I should have 4.7* at least (or would it round up to 4.8*?). Why is it showing only 4.6*?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Huma0 and everyone else,

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. After some investigation, we can confirm this issue is only impacting a very small number of Hosts. We’re pleased to say the fix will be released by September 16th, at which time you’ll see corrected data in your dashboard, and this issue will not impact any Superhost assessments on October 1.

Thanks again for your patience!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mary419 

Yes, it does seem so bizarre. I don't remember ever noticing it before, but I just always assumed that the stats were correct, so who knows. It was the fact that it suddenly changed from 4.8* to 4.6* for no apparent reason that alerted me.

I've just now received another support message asking me to check my stats 'after a while'. At the moment, it's still showing the incorrect figure, so I guess I will check it again later. No explanation has been given for what happened and the BOT is asking me to close the case.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

So, I've now been told by the rep to check back on my stats in a week's time as it will take them a while.

I received another 5* review yesterday, which has not been reflected in the stats either, so clearly the glitch isn't fixed.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Oh, and a bit of coordination at Airbnb might be helpful. I asked the CS ambassador to let me know when the problem is resolved. He/she responded that they do not get informed by the team dealing with it when it is resolved. I suspect they do not get informed about current glitches either, so no wonder it's so frustrating. 

The first rep should have been able to simply tell me, "Yes, this is a current glitch that our technical department is working on," and that she is forwarding my details to them, rather than the back and forth RE 2+2=3.

How are you supposed to get reasonable customer service when the front line reps know nothing about anything?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

So, I am still going round in circles with this one. I'm tempted to simply give up in frustration, but as it could well mean the difference between Superhost or not, I'm persisting. 

The Airbnb Ambassador got back to me with a long list of actions to take (clearing cookies, cache, disabling add ons, and a whole bunch of other stuff) before checking my stats again. Nothing changed. The Superhost stat had already gone up from 4.6 to 4.7, yet that's not accurate as it should be 4.8, which I relayed back to him/her.

For some reason, I was then passed back to the first rep who couldn't comprehend anything I was saying. Why??!! I specifically asked to be assigned someone else because she did not understand my issue. Again, she is being totally clueless.

She is saying that the statistic is correct based on my reviews since January. I don't know how many times I have to tell her that I am not talking about the period from January but the Superhost assessment period which begins 1st October 2021. I have told her this over and over and over again. I have sent her screenshots. She just tells me it's correct and sends me links to irrelevant help articles.

Firstly, the Airbnb rep should know what the Superhost assessment period is and when it starts and finishes. I shouldn't have to explain it to her but I have, many times. I say October, she replies regarding January. I say October again, she replies RE January and on and on...

One of my guests came home just as I had received the last idiotic response. She asked me if I was okay. I must have had a pained look on my face! I explained it to her and she got it immediately. She said, "Yeah, that's really simple. The assessment is done every quarter, but is based on the last four quarters, right?"

Why is that an Airbnb 'employee' (yeah, I know they are outsourced) cannot grasp this basic concept?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hey @Huma0 and everyone. I wanted to let you all know that I've forwarded this to the team now as well. As soon as I have an update I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sybe 

Thank you! 

I did get another message from the rep, and she has now accepted that my calculations are correct and that I should currently have a 4.8* rating. However, at the same time, she is telling me everything is now displaying correctly, when it's not. The Superhost page is still saying I'm on 4.7* and missing the requirements.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sybe 

This is the last response I got from the CS rep, so I guess that means that she is going to go ahead and close the case anyway, even though the problem has not been fixed (and even though I had previously been told it had been fixed when it hadn't):

Dear Huma,

I understand you’ve been having some bother with overall rating.
I have again reported this problem to our department. We still can't provide a timeline for a fix, but an issue has been reported.
Our engineers are already working to fix it.

Unfortunately, the engineers do not provide us with reports, and I will not be able to tell you exactly when this situation will be resolved. I recommend that you check your overall rating.
In this regard, I unfortunately can no longer provide any information on this request.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@Huma0  @ Yes,  something is wrong, for the first time in 5 years i have a problem with the stats being displayed on my superhost page. Was superhost most of this time but had a 3 rating bringing it down.  That rating finally dropped out of the current year and i was happy to see my superhost at 4.9.  Then suddenly it is showing at 4.8 although my Basic Requirements page is still showing 4.9.  i have 31x5 star,  1x4 star and 1x 3 star in this period.  Doesnt make sense but back on the knife edge again hoping next guest gives  5 star. The only other possible explanation is that i had a horrer guest who left a 3 and a racist review, but that review was removed by Airbnb and it had displayed 4.9 since. Who knows?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 

The same thing happened to me. I had maintained Superhost status for 5.5 years and a 5.0 average for 2.5 years of that and then suddenly a 3* review made my ratings plummet. I was glad to see that they had gone back up to 4.8* and that I had a chance of regaining the status at the next assessment.

If your stats were showing 4.9 and you didn't get anything but 5* reviews after that, it makes no sense why it would drop to 4.8.

When you look at your basic requirements page, are you changing the dates to 1st October to today? That should show you what the rating should be for the current assessment period. Otherwise, it's automatically set to show you only the previous month (mine is showing 5.0).

According to the numbers you have given, your rating should definitely be 4.9 for the assessment period.

@Huma0   My basic requirements page does not have a date selection.  It is the tab across from superhost when you choose superhost under performance.  It shows Overall Rating, Response Rate,  Cancellations and Accepted Reservations.

But looking closer it does list each property separately - not combined like Superhost tab.

So two properties are showing 4.9 (one had one 3 rating and one had one 4 rating) and one property is showing 5 as that is not booked as often.

So who knows what date range Basic Requirements is using but it should be the the last 12 months same as superhost because we know if we fall below Basic Requirements we get an Airbnb warning.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 

Sorry, I worded that wrong. I didn't mean the basic requirements page. I meant the 'overall quality' page. You will find it under Quality, rather than Superhost. Below you can see that the dates are automatically showing the last month. However, you can click on this and adjust the start date to 1st October to see the stats for the current assessment period.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 12.55.49.png

Overall Quality from Oct 1 shows 4.9

@Huma0  forgot to tag you - tired - bed now Nite Nite

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 @Wendy117 We're currently in touch with the team about this thanks to your examples, as Sybe mentioned above - we'll keep you in the loop as and when we have more info, but again a big thanks again for flagging this and providing ample details!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilie 

Thanks very much for looking into this. The CS reps don't seem to appreciate that these numbers matter to us!